How do I read new Landis+Gyr 355 smart meter ?

AvH_40
Semiconductor
5 Replies 36224 Views

Hi everyone,

I've just had a Landis+Gyr 355 smart meter installed at home. I've received no information on this meter and cant seem to find it, or any information, on the internet.

Is anyone able to tell me what the different codes correspond to?  I have general use Tariff 11, Economy Tariff 33 and I have a PPA with Energex through to 2026 at $0.44 per kW.  Im stuggling to work out the different codes.

According to the AGL App I have almost ceased exporting power to the grid from the date of installation.

Can someone help fill these codes in for me and/or point me to a customer/user information sheet for this meter?

Thanks AvH_40

1= time

2 = Date

3= ?

4 = ?

15 = ?

16 = ?

21 = T33 (Pretty sure)

22 = isnt being used.

57 REPLIES 57
RichardP
Superconductor
0 Replies 600 Views

I can confirm that when the boost function is switched on it turns off after 1 hour. As to what rate you're charged, I'm guessing it will be at whatever the rate is at the time you switch it on? In the "old days" the boost rate was still at the off-peak rate but I wouldn't like to assume it still is.

B_nut
Semiconductor
0 Replies 598 Views

I can’t find any info on here or any resolved queries on how to read these meters

The Easiest way to get them to provide the info would be to make an ombudsman complaint, it costs them money for every complaint so I’m sure they would get the info from the manufacturer pretty quick which they should already have 

B_nut
Semiconductor
1 Reply 596 Views

I can’t find any information on here or any queries resolved on how to read these meters

The best way to get them to provide the info would be to make an ombudsman complaint, it costs them for every complaint so I’m sure they would get the info from landis & gyr pretty quick which they would already have 

B_nut
Semiconductor
1 Reply 593 Views

I couldnt find any info on here or any resolved queries on how to read the 355 landis & gyr meters

They would provide the info would be to make an ombudsman complaint, it costs them money for every complaint so I’m sure they will pass on the info from the manufacturer pretty quick which they already have 

RichardP
Superconductor
1 Reply 593 Views

You won't find any resolved queries anywhere about these meters, every attempt made, whether to Intellihub (who provide and install the meters, AGL (who are responsible for them once installed) or SA Power Networks ends with the same result - nothing! The only information about using them is on here and is what people have managed to work out for themselves (or in my case I logged a fault and the tech who came out grudgingly provided some information).

I was going to complain to the ombudsman but then thought do I really need that added aggravation in my life? I think the ONLY way it could be resolved is by customers inundating the ombudsman with the same complaint - but I won't hold my breath.

Incidentally, the green button has several functions to step through various displays but so far I haven't worked out the pattern!!

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 574 Views

Hi all,

I don't have one of these meters but it would take me only a few hours to work it out

Draw up a list from reading the meter as below

01 - Time
02 - Date
03 - ??
04 - ??
15 - ??
16 - ??
21 - ??
22 - ?? (does not seem to be used)

You need to know from your bill what you are being charged for (and that bill will give you your last readings).

Come home from work and write down all the readings. If you don't have solar then you more than likely will only have Peak and Controlled meters.

After dark go back and read the meters (write them down again).

Two hours later go and read the meters (write them down again).

Early in the morning say 6 or 7 go back and read your meter again (write it down).

Now the meter that has used the most (overnight) will more than likely be your peak meter.

The meter that did not change over night will be you solar meter.

The meter that changed between your first read and your last read should be your controlled load.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 566 Views

The green button also allows you to view the current information, on what is going through your meter, at the current time.

Info such as the frequency of the AC line, the incoming voltage, the incoming (or outgoing) current in Amps etc etc.

All good stuff if you need that info.

There IS NO POINT IN READING YOUR METER I stopped looking at meter reads a long time ago.

The information that AGL supplies to me in the CSV file is 30min data but they charge me based on the 5min data that they also get.

The information on your BILL now only refers to your consumption for that billing period.

Meter number    Read type     Rate description                Usage kWh
U123456789         Actual            Solar                                       2,443.875
U123456789         Actual            Usage                                            2.428
U123456789         Actual            Usage                                        164.703
U123456789         Actual            Usage                                        102.063
U123456789         Actual            Controlled load time of use            0

Your electricity usage is measured by an interval meter. This means you won't see a start or end read on your bill. Instead, the total amount of your electricity usage is shown

Now this was the information on my last bill issued for my last bill cycle which finished MIDNIGHT 2nd Jan 24.

My electric used spreadsheet for that billing period said

Peak kWShoulderkWO/peak kWExport kW Gen kW

So you can all see now what the information they supplied means

I also track my solar generated.

Note, as I do not use my controlled load I do not bother to track that.

I heat my hot water with a Heat Pump supplied for free by the Government, it has a timer in built and I set it to start at 10:30 and to finish at 15:00 which is during the shoulder rate which is the cheapest usage time, note in the 90 days only consumed 2.428 kWh.

Since the period 3rd Jan 24 to 11 Feb 24 my spreadsheet indicates

Peak kWShoulder kWO/peak kWExport kW Gen kW

My Usage page (Web based) shows

174.12 kWh Brought from Grid and 1108.51 kWh sold to Grid

If you add Peak Shoulder and O/Peak you will get 174.119 which is the correct value.

I can also use this data to give an estimate of what my bill will be on the 1st of April the end of this billing period and also calculate the fortnightly payments required to have paid off the expected bill before I get it.

GUESS WHAT, AT NO TIME DO I EVEN LOOK AT MY SMART METER.

As with the current trend of this posting I have addressed this to nobody and unless I get addressed I will not reply.

I would suggest to those that are having to boost their hot water systems (in Summer) that they look into their hot water use (too long in the shower, incorrect use of mixer taps, to small of a hot water service, no insulation on hot water pipes, failure of one heater element on a two element system, calcium build-up on the element, if it is a solar hot water service then look at cleaning the panel(s), etc etc etc).

In these days you should be looking at saving power rather finding ways to increase your usage.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Curly
Switched-on
0 Replies 104 Views

Smart meters can collect information and relay it to Intellihub, AGL and the energy provider. Info is used to maximise their profit.

If you believe that they will use the information to cut your costs you probably believe in fairies. Beware and be aware of companies that collect your private information