can't change gas plan

resident85
Semiconductor
1 Reply 4649 Views

Tried to change my gas plan online - even though it all came through all windows, still didn't work. Next day (today morning) contacted staff through chat and they confirmed plan hasn't been changed for some reason. Then they changed it for me.

However apparently still not changed as no email confirmation received (staff advised will come through shortly). I wonder HOW gas plan can actually be changed and WHY AGL makes it impossible?

Of course its clear that AGL wouldn't be interested in letting customers to switch to plans where they can save money. But why wasting people's time? Just say straight away that its not possible and let customers go to other providers.

5 REPLIES 5
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4639 Views

Hi @resident85 , it sounds like the chat agent did change your plan for you though, and you're just waiting on the confirmation to come through, is that correct?

resident85
Semiconductor
1 Reply 4636 Views

Thats what i don't know as exactly same happened when I did the change by myself through the website - website told me that all is changed and I would get an email confirmation, but nothing came through, and when i talked to the agent next day - she confirmed that its not changed.

So i will be texting another agent today asking if the change actually happened or not (cause i have no other things to do except confirming if AGL did its work).

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4634 Views

Hi @resident85 ,

Instead of using the Live Chat, you could try logging into your My Account page and clicking the "Message Us" button.  This Messaging feature is different from live chat, so you won't need to wait around in queue for agent replies, and all your chat history will be saved there so you won't have to explain the issue over again each time you speak to someone new. Just note that there's a "bot" that will help with common queries, but you'll still be able to speak to a real person through the tool if you wish.

resident85
Semiconductor
1 Reply 4629 Views

I actually tried to find that button yesterday and couldnt find it anywhere in my account. And anyways my waiting time was may be 1min only and I talked to a real person. 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 4625 Views

No worries. If everything's working correctly, you should see the 💬  button in the bottom right of your My Account page. It may take a few moments to appear.