Wifi blocking sites

Stevo_130E
Semiconductor
3 Replies 2757 Views

Getting very frustrated with seemingly random blocking some internet sites. MyUni app is being blocked and this morning the weather bureau bom.gov.au is blocked “No internet connection available”. Other sites work and I can connect on my 5G service no problems but wifi connection selected and it’s blocked. Any suggestions on a fix? I have the eero modem mesh wifi and upgraded and restarted the modem in an attempt to fix it the MyUni app last night and the bom.gov.au is broken this morning.

9 REPLIES 9
JacobMunro
Conductor
1 Reply 2724 Views

I'm having the same issues. Sometimes google isn't working, reddit is never working, some pictures don't load. I've reset the eero several times and it doesn't help.

What's weird is that the internet works perfectly when I run a VPN. With a VPN turned on the pictures load, all websites load, it just goes back to normal. Is that a sign this is a problem on AGLs end?

Snotgun
Switched-on
2 Replies 2701 Views

Did you get it solved? Helpdesk is useless. I have exactly the same problem, Ebay is 50/50, Facebook rarely works on 4 different pc's plus it is hit and miss on other sites. Turn on a VPN and everything works fine.

JacobMunro
Conductor
0 Replies 2699 Views

Not yet. I reckon I'll make another thread myself and call them when I get home from work. It's a weird thing that seems to be affecting people differently so it might take a few people complaining about it to connect the dots. 

Marty2
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2683 Views

Also having the same issues. Spoke to support this evening, they changed apparently changed over my public ip (assuming it’s dynamic and a hard restart changed the IP?). Looks like I have access back to most sites except for Kayo (there’s another support post for Kayo). 

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2662 Views

Hi @Stevo_130E 
We appreciate you have reached out to us in regard to the internet not working on certain sites.
If you can please contact us on 131 245, we will definitely be able to look into this for you and resolve this.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

Stevo_130E
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2661 Views

Got onto Support and they have changed my DNS settings to customised ( on the eero modem)

to IPv4 Primary 8.8.8.8 and IPv4 Secondary 8.8.4.4

yet to test it at home but I can still connect to my modem remotely so it hasn’t made it worse. Hopefully this helps you too.

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2611 Views

Hi @Stevo_130E 
Glad to hear you were able to contact us and get the details updated for you.
If you find the service still doesn't work, please let us know by calling us on 131 245.
Thank you, Sheena

AGL Telecommunications

Stevo_130E
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2610 Views

All works now - the default DNS provider appears to be having problems with updates from their sources for the addresses for various websites and services. Changing to Google DNS has resolved the problems.

thanks for your response @Sheena_AGL 

Stevo_130E
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2608 Views

Details for the fix are in an earlier post for anyone who wants to apply themselves.