Static IP address for remote access

Ell
Switched-on
3 Replies 11714 Views

Hi AGL neighbourhood / other AGL customers

Before signing up with AGL a sales rep said Static IP addresses were available for 7.50p/m. I changed to AGL and asked for a static IP, tech support said yes, will be added to bill and take effect within the "next few hours", didn't happen. I asked again 4 days later, "within 24 hours". 3 days after second call, still nothing. I need the static IP address for a remotely accessible photo/media server.

My question is, am I being lead on? Do you even support static IP addresses? 

P.S please just disable the "live chat" it is not "live" in the slightest

15 REPLIES 15
lawleo
Semiconductor
0 Replies 772 Views

I can finally got my public IP.  This time Mohammed help me resolve the problem very quickly.  Thank you @Salonpas for your tips.

andy1966
Switched-on
2 Replies 93 Views

Did you mean static IP address rather than public IP address? Every network has a public IP address.

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 70 Views

Hi @andy1966 Sometimes a public IP can resolve the issue as well, we try to offer a public IP as getting a static IP can cost more.
But a Static IP will resolve the issue if the public IP doesn't work.

Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

andy1966
Switched-on
1 Reply 63 Views
Hi Sheena,

Since dynamic and static IP addresses are both public IP addresses, and that every computer connected to the Internet has either one or the other, what kind of public IP address are you referring to (that you say AGL offers)?

Andy
lawleo
Semiconductor
0 Replies 47 Views

AGL give me a class C IP(s) which is 10.x.x.x, so I can't vpn to my home network from outside.  I need class B IP (either static or dynamic IP) to do that.

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 36 Views

Hi @andy1966 @lawleo 
The Public IP is also known as dynamic IP, however we have to make changes from our end to be able to enable the public IP (Dynamic IP).
Static IP will be different to a Public IP as the static IP will start with 10.x.x.x for the IP, the public IP will start with 20.x.x.x.x
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications