compensation for food lost in fridges during recent storms in Vic

1 Reply 2484 Views

Can I get compensation for the food lost from my fridge and 2 freezers during this recent storm in Victoria 

I live in the Dandenong Rangers and was without power for 9 days


AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2480 Views

Hi @whyte , if you experience significant outages beyond certain thresholds, you may be entitled to compensation from your electricity distributor (this is the company that maintains the energy distribution infrastructure in your area - note that AGL is your electricity retailer but not your distributor). You'll find your local electricity distributor listed on your AGL bill.

For more information about compensation payments, check out the Customer compensation page from the Victoria State Government  Department of Environment, Land, Water, and Planning.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED. This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.