Switched-on
1 Reply 5037 Views

is AGL changing tariff feedback rates for everybody in February

10 REPLIES 10
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 4487 Views

Hi @annegreen,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood! We haven't been advised that our Feed-in tariff is reducing in February. I would need to access your account to look into this further. I'll send you a private message to grab some details from you.

Thanks,

-Olgi-

por930
Conductor
1 Reply 4468 Views

I was "talking" to the call centre today. They confirmed that the FIT rules will be changing. We receive two FIT. AGL = 5c and Qld Gov = 44 cents. The March plans have this statement in writing as well.

As from the beginning of March 2023, you can only use one FIT. Guess which one I will choose.

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4451 Views

@por930 Hi there. I just want to clarify that last year we made some changes to our Feed in Tariff policy, as you said, so that we will no longer offer the Retailer feed-in if you are part of one of the government feed-in schemes, such as your 44c one. You can find the updated terms here if you want to go take a look. Regards- Mark.

por930
Conductor
2 Replies 4449 Views

@Mark 

Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply. I understand the revised terms, and i guess for AGL, every dollar counts.

Not wishing to hijack the tread, but of a similar question...Is there a way of looking at the 2023 Residential Electricity  prices, especially Seniors, without digging into each plan? eg, on a spreadsheet for instance.

I have been happy with AGL for the last 10 years. However, in March I will be moved off the current Seniors super saver to a Basics plan. Using my current Bill data, my bill will increase by 323%. Part of that problem is caught up with your FIT tariff change.

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4422 Views

@por930 On our website here, you can enter your address and see a side by side rate comparison of our standard plans like Basics and Solar Saver. If you get in touch with agents through our contact page here, what they can look at doing is sending you a link to where you can check out the plan details for Seniors Saver including rates. That would allow you to do what you're asking.

Thanks,

Mark.

por930
Conductor
0 Replies 4419 Views

hi Mark, Thanks for the reply. I have been using this link for the AGL Senior plans. This link is to suit postcode 4170.  https://www.agl.com.au/terms-conditions/rates-contracts/energy-price-fact-sheets?Postcode=4170&Custo....

As you mention, the rates can be found here. 

Do I contact AGL via the chat line if I want to nominate one of these plans?

If I find another companies plan suits me better, do they advise you of my leaving, or do I?

Laurellea
Switched-on
0 Replies 4415 Views

Need lower tariff to lower my bill

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4390 Views

@por930 

There is a Federal Government web site called Energy Made Easy which list's every plan that is available for every retailer.

https://www.energymadeeasy.gov.au/  

Click on the link above and it will start a new Webpage, then you can view to your hearts desire.

Please note this is the same web site that AGL sends you to when you wish to view plan details.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
por930
Conductor
1 Reply 4376 Views

@NeilC 

Hi Neil, at this stage my issue is not solved, as the March 2023 AGL rates will cause the resultant Bill to jump some 280%+ Sure, the actual dollar amounts are "low", but the % jump is too high.

I have been using the Energy made easy site for a few years now. The difference was in actually getting your meter data accepted into its database. When I did this, the program did return many sites, and was very useful.

Another site is 'wattever.com'. Very similar to Energy made easy site.