Unreasonably high bill

David42
Semiconductor
2 Replies 2316 Views

I've just got my first AGL bill after swapping to you. It's literally 3 times the highest bill I've ever received from my previous provider. $565 for 75 days. I'm a single person living in a small unit with no air conditioning. The largest bill I ever received for a 75 day period before swapping to AGL was $280, but on average it was usually around $230-$240. This bill has to be a mistake.

I'm not sure why I'm trying to lodge a support ticket and I keep getting directed back to this community forum. I'm just trying to contact you directly about it

7 REPLIES 7
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 2307 Views

@David42 

David,

Select the link below:

https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us 

This will take you to the contact page and instructions on how to access.

I would suggest you take a meter reading ( and take a resolution lower picture, so you are ready to be able to send it).

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2304 Views

Hi @David42,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood! 

I'll reach out via a private message and grab some account details from you so that I can help with this.

Kind Regards,

Olgi

David42
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2248 Views

Following that link goes to a page that has 3 options to contact support. Leave a message, Chat or Phone. 

The leave a message button starts loading the page https://www.agl.com.au/aglmobileapp?open=messaging

But before anything loads it immediately redirects to https://myaccount.agl.com.au/overview before any opportunity is given to actually leave a message.

I've been trying for days now and as far as I can tell, there is actually no way to contact support via the website because it's not configured correctly

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 2240 Views

@David42 @-Olgi- 

David,

Now I presume that Olgi did send you a private message.

If so that you replied to it.

AGL has two systems, the first is this community page, which requires a login, but does not require you to have an electricity, gas account. The second is the account that gives you access to your gas and or electricity account.

NeilC_0-1677005045379.png

When you try to message AGL, it first directs you to a login (which you must have) for your gas or electricity account. This screens members of the  general public from gaining access to the messaging part of AGL. After you login you will see the message icon on the bottom right hand of your screen.

I take it that you have not created this account.

Also surprised that it has taken you two weeks to come back here. I did supply the link on the same day that you created this post as did Olgi stating that she would PM you.

Now if you took the photo as I suggested and then you go out and take another picture you will be able to work out your consumption (roughly) between the two dates.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
David42
Semiconductor
2 Replies 2222 Views

It's taken me 2 weeks to come back because I have been busy. I work a full time job and run 2 site businesses after hours and on weekends. Paying a bill shouldn't take up so much of my time, so it was a low priority to me.

I did not forget to create one of the accounts. I already had created both the AGL account, as well as the community account before attempting to use your link. It did not work. It would start to load the message page, but before it had rendered anything redirect back to my bill. I found multiple points on the website that allowed me to access the message system, but no matter which access point I tried it would always just immediately load my bill over view

I was able to find time to call AGL today and speak to their resolutions team. There was over $300 in mistakes on my first ever bill I've had with them, 3 separate mistakes totaling essentially 50% of the total. Not a great first impression unfortunately. Luckily the phone staff were extremely professional, found the error immediately and removed the excess charges.

And I didn't respond to the private message, as providing all the personal information they were requesting from me to someone on what is essentially a just an open forum is terrible OPSec. And no one should ever do that.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2213 Views

Hi @David42 ,

Sorry you've had trouble getting hold of us - and for the issues with your first bill. I'm glad to hear resolutions got it sorted for you.

I just want to clarify that the option to Message us is located on your account overview page - so it's correct that you're being redirected there if you choose that option from the Contact page. You should see the icon @NeilC mentioned on the bottom right of that overview page.

Secondly, while it's a very good idea to be cautious about what personal details you share on this open forum, this community is authenticated on the same system that secures access to your AGL account, so it's okay to share account details with a badged AGL moderator via private message here - if you feel comfortable doing so.

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2212 Views

Hi @David42,

I'm glad to hear that our Resolutions team was able to resolve this for you. If you need further help with your account, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you're uncomfortable providing your account information via private message here, that's ok. You can contact us securely via AGL Messenger or Chat service as well via our website

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-