Queensland Government electricity rebate,

AlanN
Superconductor
2 Replies 5019 Views

The current Queensland Government electricity rebate is shown as $372.20. According to my calculations this equates to a rebate of $30.59 for a 30 day billing period or $31.61for a 31 day billing period. I am currently receiving $27.81 for a 30 day billing period or $28.74 for a 31 day billing period. This amounts to a total of $338.37 per year a bit short of the $372.20 advertised by the Queensland Government. 

I have been trying for over a week to get some answers from the Queensland Government and AGL as to whether I am receiving the correct amount of Rebate from AGL with no response from either party.  

Has anybody had any dealings with either the Queensland Government or AGL in relation to this matter and received an answer.  I would be interested to know what answer was given. It appears to me that the Queensland Government has stated an incorrect figure that I should be receiving or that I may be being short changed by AGL. If there is some other relevant factor in calculating the Rebate I would love to know what it is. 

Alan N

4 REPLIES 4
John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 5011 Views

@AlanN  Hi mate,

AlanN it is my understanding that AGL no longer pay a feed in tariff if you are receiving a feed in tariff from the government usually state government.

This one I will leave to the AGL team for a definitive answer as I am perplexed as to how you are receiving two feed in tariffs. 

I do not work for AGL and am only trying to assist you in understanding what may be the case.

Regards

John

Plan:   Solar Savers

Dist:    Endeavour Energy

State:  NSW 

AlanN
Superconductor
1 Reply 5006 Views

Hi John T

Thanks for your reply.

This is not a feed in tariff but a payment made by the Queensland Government to assist vulnerable households and includes Age Pensioners. My interest is the difference between what the Government says it is paying to eligible households and what I am receiving as a Rebate on my monthly electricity bill. Hopefully I will get an answer from Government or  somebody soon which may explain the difference and determine whether I am receiving the correct payment or not.

Regards

Alan N.

John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 4987 Views

@AlanN 

Thank you for clearing that up. My mistake. 🙂

I can not guarantee anything but I will do a bit of digging also.

These are extremely hard times for many of us and I now understand your post as I took it out of context bigtime.

Kindest Regards

John

Take care mate.

Plan:   Solar Savers

Dist:    Endeavour Energy

State:  NSW  

AlanN
Superconductor
0 Replies 4969 Views

I believe the answer to this question is that the GST component of the rebate cannot be passed on to recipients of the rebate. 

Alan N