Latest price rise / dropping feed in tariff

Tallpaul
Switched-on
10 Replies 6416 Views

Finding it strange that electricy  prices are rising,  but feed in tariffs are dropping seems very one sided to me

18 REPLIES 18
richardstanger
Switched-on
2 Replies 4203 Views

Australia should have some of the cheapest electricity in the world. Shutting down Coal fired power stations whilst China, India etc are building them is moronic. Please don't use the platitude that due to global energy supply issues .....

Also, when I installed solar, I was guaranteed that my feed in rate would not change for more than 20 years. Now you people are robbing us with lower feed in tares, higher tariffs and the other charges such as meterng and supply charges, which are a blatant rip off.

jaydee
Conductor
1 Reply 4310 Views

I agree mate,this company tell lotsm of stories but refuse to toethe mark,okay I agreed to a monitor but have been treated like a child since..the rates at time 33c..then a couple weeks 38c then they send a note saying july 55c and thats only the start shifty on their peak charge,dominated the account and no controlled load daily delivery up another $10

just about run their race with me cheers Jack

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4285 Views

Hi @Tallpaul

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

You can find out more about what's happening with energy prices and what's impacting these changes, on our website. Please do let us know if you need more help with this.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

jaydee
Conductor
1 Reply 4281 Views

Well thanks for a reply,but as usual you do not understand that I still do not know how you handle my controlled which works in conjunction with my solar heating,agl increased my electricity costs by changing in march when controlled load cost was $5,48,then upped general ussage 33c to 38c,then no mention of controlled load,then recently tell me that the new rate effective July 1 $50.65,hey what a way to take advantage of the poor sucker,I cannot be assured that this will then be changed August 1 when the current account is due,why did agl start the price increases when the monitor wasinstalled,can you please tell me how I can read the monitor myself,NOT HAPPY ,cheers Jack

Tallpaul
Switched-on
1 Reply 4275 Views

Had a reply from AGL re price increase, but still doesn't explain why feed in tariffs are dropping. We are feeding into the grid the same as the major companies so why the drop.

thunter
Conductor
0 Replies 4254 Views

Basically because there are so many solar users feeding into the grid at the exact time when the companies don't need power (middle of the day). In fact, all the extra power is hard on the network. Power is so cheap at those times that prices can sometimes even go negative for the energy generators, so they are paying to give away power. They arent going to pay high FIT to buy power if they have to pay again to give it away!  But as I often see @NeilC saying, you get solar to save money not to make money.

https://www.afr.com/companies/energy/energy-retailers-cutting-solar-benefits-to-households-20230419-...

https://www.esc.vic.gov.au/media-centre/how-can-feed-tariff-go-down-while-retail-prices-are-increasi....

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9yqmpzkn

Jwbates
Switched-on
0 Replies 4246 Views

I agree.  It is simply price gouging by AGL.  My rates are increasing by this: Peak - 27.1%, Off peak - 39%, Shoulder - 48.7%.

This is absolutely absurd and the excuses given are simply not acceptable.  My solar tariffs don't increase, yet the power i'm supplying to AGL then gets sold back to me at these insane rates.

Hartleyvale
Conductor
0 Replies 4211 Views

Yes if the Govt was fair dinkum about encouraging solar they would instigate a "reasonable profit margin" percentage difference between feed in rate and rate you are charged.

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4209 Views

Hi @jaydee,

We can certainly look into your account and answer any questions that you may have regarding your plan and rates. I'll send you a private message to get your account details from you.

Thanks,

-Olgi-