Changed the fit for the first 14kw from 12c to 10c and I'm wondering why

Robw1
Conductor
1 Reply 4085 Views

Has anyone else noticed that when you have a look at your solar savings plan, the fit for the first 14kw has changed from 12c to 10c, and without any notification.

Then when I messaged AGL chat they confirmed that the plan was "revised". So in effect the plan I was on was cancelled? and I was put on a different one without any notification.

Anyone else had this experience.

5 REPLIES 5
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4077 Views

Hi @Robw1 

Thanks for reaching out. Our Solar Savers plan was 10c/kWh for the first 14kWh per day. This offer finished and we introduced a new Solar Savers offer with 12c/kWh feed-in for the first 14kWh per day. Your rates will depend on what plan you had accepted. Our plans can be replaced any time you wish by logging into My Account or contacting us via one of our platforms on our website

Please let us know if you need further help with your plan review.

Thanks,

-Olgi-

Robw1
Conductor
1 Reply 4073 Views

Hi,

Confusing the numbers and how it changed mid cycle but as you said it was easy enough to fix, lucky for me I check the bills.

Thanks

Barnety65
Switched-on
1 Reply 4069 Views

Start by reading the article carefully and try to understand the main points.

Robw1
Conductor
1 Reply 4061 Views

I was on a 12c all day fit and in February I got an email "Your new electricity plan is about to start, mid April". Looking back the notification it had a new rate of 10c for the first 14kw and 5c thereafter, which at the time I didn't read properly. Anyway, the April bill showed the change to 10c etc but my assumption was that I would be getting what I saw on the web site and elsewhere of 12c for the first 14kw etc. 

Then the online chat just confused me more, the only response I was able to get was "This offer finished and we introduced a new Solar Savers offer" but at the time I couldn't join the dots. I wanted to know why I was getting 10c when the offer was 12c and that explanation didn't resolve that for me.

I suppose there would be others in the same boat, that if their plans transitioned during April and maybe before, they would be on a 10c fit for the first 14kw...., might be worth checking?

You have to login to your account and accept the new offer of 12c ... to get the better rate. Which could add up to about $100 a year, I think.

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4055 Views

Hi @Robw1 

Plan swaps can be confusing especially when they finish and roll-over to another plan. I would highly recommend checking often what Solar Savers current offer is and if it's higher than 12c/kWh, feel free to swap to that plan. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help with your account.

Thanks,

-Olgi-