Welcome!

liam1
AGL Employee
3 Replies 4234 Views

Hi electric vehicle owners and enthusiasts, welcome to the AGL EV Communities group! By way of introduction, I'm Liam and I'm the electric vehicle Product Manager at AGL. 

This is a place where you can chat with other EV enthusiasts. Feel free to post questions or comments on whatever EV related topic you like. 

Cheers

Liam

4 REPLIES 4
Kev0965
Conductor
1 Reply 4148 Views

Hi Liam, have just received today an email outlining AGL as a provider already in software testing for grid use at peak times on our electric vehicles.

Is AGL already in testing with Arena?

Thanks Kev0965.

liam1
AGL Employee
0 Replies 4143 Views

Hi @Kev0965 ,

Hmmm - I'm not sure what this email is to be honest. Would you mind uploading a photo of it please?

Cheers
Liam

MikeP
Transformer
0 Replies 3360 Views

For V2H / V2G enthusiasts; Australian certification for first bi-directional charger.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2022-02-14/electric-vehicle-first-ev-chargers-v2g-v2h-to-arrive-...

Does AGL allow non-CEC approved device connection? (CEC is still deliberating over how to classify the charger)

JPozar
Switched-on
0 Replies 2230 Views

Hi 

I’ve heard rumours you’ll provide special rates for owners of EVs charging their vehicles at home as some chargers have the capacity to connect to your metering server and be controlled separately. Is this something you are thinking to implement soon? I reckon you’d get a big advantage over competition if you do it as people can’t really accomodate charging at peak hours to use the PV fully. The EV share is becoming more prominent every day and there will be half of the vehicles running on batteries in no time so would be good to think ahead.