Electric Vehicle Smart Charging trial by AGL Next

brettrob72
Superconductor
3 Replies 28382 Views

Hi
Just trying to find out if I can qualify for this program as I am on the VPP in SA.
Does this disqualify me?

When will people be selected for this trial? 

Thanks kindly

Brett

45 REPLIES 45
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 5286 Views

Hi @Stephen2Aus , a lot of us are excited about it too. I think @liam1 may still be out of the office (but hopefully not stranded by travel restrictions like I currently am!).

I'm sure he'll be back around here shortly to share any updates he has.

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
1 Reply 5280 Views

@David_AGL sorry to hear that...  Me & family came back from living in USA in early April.  Best decision ever.

Hope it works out for you soon mate

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 5272 Views

@Stephen2Aus smart timing on that one!

Fortunately I'm only stuck in Brisbane  for the moment - there's worse places to be 😉

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
0 Replies 5257 Views

@David_AGLhope you're home safe & well now mate.

liam1
AGL Employee
0 Replies 5231 Views

Hi Brett,

I understand. How about I give you a call and can discuss with you whether you're likely to be eligible to participate in the trial. 

I'll send you a private message with my email address and we can take it from there. 

Cheers
Liam

liam1
AGL Employee
2 Replies 5231 Views

Hi @Stephen2Aus 

Great to hear there's excitement about the trial. We are still working hard behind the scenes to do everything we need to do to get the trial up and running. At this stage we are looking at launching some time in March, everything going well. 

The first priority will be contacting everyone who has expressed their interest in joining the trial and discussing their eligibility and which stream of the trial is right for them. 

I hope this helps answer your question. If you'd like to discuss further I'd be happy to give you a call. 

Cheers
Liam

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
1 Reply 5226 Views

Yeah that's great info @liam1 cheers 🙂

Not sure how transparent you're allowed to be, but can't hurt to ask:

• Number of interested parties applying
  • Number of spots you'll be filling for trial (especially V2H charging)

It'd be great to use this to figure out some kind of "how likely am I to be accepted to trial", because like others I'm in a position of "Do I just pay for the charger myself?  Or wait a little longer?"

I'm gonna try and stick it out with just the wall plug, but it can be a pain sometimes.

Thanks for considering our position, and look forward to hearing from you either way mate.

Good work AGL 👍

szern
Dynamo
0 Replies 5223 Views

Good to hear that the trial is progressing. Have signed up to express my interest in participation when the signup form opened. Very interested in the V2H/V2G option 😊

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
1 Reply 5044 Views

@liam1 I guess you're not privy to, or able to, give out any figures at this time.  I get that.  It would have been nice though for the community.

Looking forward to March timeline for receiving a call, as an interested party.

Can you let us know that we're still on track for March?

liam1
AGL Employee
2 Replies 5041 Views

Hi @Stephen2Aus , apologies I totally missed your previous question! I was not trying to be purposely evasive 😉.

I can't say how many people have expressed interest so far, however I can say that the breakdown of total spots on the trial is as follows:

• Smart Charger stream - 200 spots
  • Connected Car stream - 50 spots (Tesla vehicles only)
  • Vehicle to Grid stream - 50 spots (Nissan Leafs only). 

I can say, as as someone who is an active member on the communities page and expressed interest in joining the trial early on - you will be one of the first people to get a call to discuss your eligibility for the trial. 

Yes, we're still on track for March - we're getting very close (without over committing myself) I'd expect a call very soon 😉.

Liam