Love the AGL website and the electricity usage drill downs. However has there been a recent software change that has caused the account period to be stuck to the last period and the end date extended every day? Otherwise have I changed the profile or parameters somehow?
Solved Go to Answer
Yes, the issue is still present. I suspect the issue is a latent bug related to billing payments and reconciliation and would occur on rare instances, hard to test for all conditions.
The issue appeared after the payment was transacted between IMB bank and AGL. I used the AGL Web App payment option to pay the amount shown (around 14/10.2023). The response was will take at least 2 days to clear, it was cleared on the 18/10/2023 and the balance showed zero dollars. After that, the billing cycle is wrong and no usage data is being uploaded. Talking with a customer service representative 2 days ago he said 2 dollars was pending and is due at the end of this billing cycle. I said that is odd as I paid the full amount as shown and the system says paid an the bank statements show the exact amount being transferred. Here I think is the latent problem (bug).
The system assumes I have a late payment (which I don't, I paid 1.5 week in advance and paid the full amount), however it has 2 dollars owing (monies) and a conditional in the code is checking for this or using this to incorrectly adjust the billing cycle and stopping the upload of usage data. Assumption only and does not rely on code updates but is a latent bug which is difficult to check for.