Scam alert

Kate81
Switched-on
3 Replies 2461 Views

I received calls this afternoon claiming to work on behalf of AGL offering a switch to a newer cheaper plan. They did not seem professional and did not try to verify my identity first. I checked with AGL and no notes that these were legitimate calls. Be careful, don’t click on the link they say they will send you (I hung up before this happened). Scary thing is they knew my name and address the electricity is billed to!! 

So if you would like the info, these are the two numbers that called me claiming to work for AGL

03 7045 5945

03 6185 3544

6 REPLIES 6
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2458 Views

Thanks for taking the time to share this info, @Kate81 

Our Scams, Fraud and Online Safety page has more details on how to stay safe.

RM544
Switched-on
1 Reply 1921 Views

Same from (07) 3510 4921. Reported to Scamwatch with apparently no action taken as this number is still active with auto answering as AGL. It's a landline in Brisbane .. how hard can it be to just shut it down?

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1887 Views

Hi RM544, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have flagged this with our Fraud team to investigate further. If you are ever unsure of the caller you can call us directly on 131245 to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh

vgz878
Switched-on
1 Reply 878 Views

Same issue. I have been called from 02 8229 5702 and they offered a cheaper gas plan. How do they even know my address, phone and services I use? Please, investigate if there’s data leak or something 

Basil_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 875 Views

Hi @vgz878, our Scams, Fraud and Online Safety page has more details on how to stay safe. If you are ever unsure of the caller you can call us directly on 131245 to discuss further.

JB62
Switched-on
0 Replies 816 Views

Hi,  As of this afternoon, (03/10/24), they are still at it. Had a call from female with Indian accent saying to my wife she represented AGL Gov credits blah blah . When I got on the phone a male took over  continuing the same approach , I just hung up, so beware