Not able to set up direct debit

rj05
Switched-on
2 Replies 378 Views

I am unable to set up direct debit for any of my connections, every time i do it , it throws up an msg " Sorry, Please Try another time, if this keeps happening, pls contact us" does anyone know what's the issue or should i go the Call center ?

3 REPLIES 3
megan_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 365 Views

Hi rj05,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with adding direct debit via your AGL app or my account.

We have flagged this with our digital team for them to review.

In the meantime, please contact us https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us so that we can activate the direct debit for you.

Kind regards,

Megan

FrozenFlames
Switched-on
1 Reply 48 Views

I had the same issue. I had a direct debit that was working, then the card expired.

I tried setting up a new direct debit but it came up with thre same error as yours. I phoned the company and they did not help. They just kept sending me to a robot to pay the current bill and wouldnt help me set up the direct debit. 

I found that the issue I had was in relation to the mobile version of their website. When trying to set up a Direct Debit, the mobile site does not request a CVC for the card details. I tried scrolling sideways and zooming out on the phone but the CVC was nowhere to be found. I then set it up using the computer, which I had not booted in forever. 

This took me three months to figure out as their phone team couldnt help with the issue and kept making me make a payment. This resulted in a $10 late fee. 

megan_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 29 Views

Hi FrozenFlames,

We are sorry to hear that you had trouble setting up direct debit.

Inputting your CVC is not required to set up direct debit, all that is required is the cardholder name, card number and expiry date.

If you are still having issues setting up your direct debit please contact us so we can assist you https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us.

Kind regards,

Megan