Keep getting overdue letters and threat of legal action

LeeanneI
Switched-on
2 Replies 2953 Views

So sick of this.  I have rung several times, wasting my precious time and this is a business account!  You would think AGL would care more about their customers.  My accounts are paid in full on time and AGL have acknowledged this.  Terrible company to deal with and terrible customer service.

So go ahead and waste your money and sue me.  I will counter-sue for wasting my time.  I will win plus costs.

See ya AGL!

7 REPLIES 7
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 2943 Views

Hi @LeeanneI,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't been resolved for you when you contacted us earlier. I'd be more than happy to look into this and help sort it out.

I'll send you a private message to grab your account details from you.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

LeeanneI
Switched-on
1 Reply 2938 Views

Thank you for your emailed Account Statement that I DID NOT REQUEST!!!!

Once again, AGL, you cannot correlate your own account system.  Each time I ring, I am told my accounts are up to date and I don't owe anything!  This is not good enough!  Please get your act together.  If one of my previous bills is outstanding, please supply me with a copy of that bill and I will provide you with proof that I have paid it.

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2929 Views

I'll look into it further for you @Leeannel. I'll send you a private message to start. Thanks- Mark

heytania
Switched-on
2 Replies 2834 Views

I have been receiving emails and phone calls regarding outstanding bills and threats to send debt collector.  I have checked my ac online and there is nothing outstanding.  Please confirm this harassment is spam?!

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2830 Views

Hi @heytania,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am going to send you a private message so I can confirm some of your personal details, and will look into this for you.

Kind regards,
Xander

SimonLeBon
Switched-on
0 Replies 2586 Views

Hi Leanne. This has happened to me twice now with AGL residential services. Basically threats of legal action despite being up to date and told payments are overdue when they're not, with email bills from AGL saying the payments weren't due yet, and me reading out the emails to the customer service rep, and then having her attempt to tell me that the payments I'd made were for new bills and not past bills (!!??). This seems like unconscionable behaviour on the part of AGL's payments team.

In both cases I kicked it up to a supervisor by raising the prospect of an Energy Ombudsman complaint. This is something I highly recommend doing when calling AGL over the phone. Whether the actions are intentional or a mistake on the part of AGL, they shouldn't be happening because it seems like it's a coercive tactic.  

I should probably change energy company. You know what they say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

SimonLeBon
Switched-on
0 Replies 2585 Views

Hi Tania. This has happened to me twice now with AGL residential services. Basically threats of legal action despite being up to date and told payments are overdue when they're not, with email bills from AGL saying the payments weren't due yet, and me reading out the emails to the customer service rep, and then having her attempt to tell me that the payments I'd made were for new bills and not past bills (!!??). This seems like unconscionable behaviour on the part of AGL's payments team.

In both cases I kicked it up to a supervisor by raising the prospect of an Energy Ombudsman complaint. This is something I highly recommend doing when calling AGL over the phone. Whether the actions are intentional or a mistake on the part of AGL, they shouldn't be happening because it seems like it's a coercive tactic.  

I should probably change energy company. You know what they say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."