Incorrect address shown in AGL online account and app

QLiu
Switched-on
2 Replies 2804 Views

I have recently moved and had a new account set up for the new address. Both my AGL online account and app show an incorrect address for my new account. I was told that the meter numbers were all verified and correct but so far the address is still wrong and can't get rectified.  

9 REPLIES 9
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2802 Views

Hi @QLiu,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood! I've just sent you a private message letting you know how to proceed with your enquiry.

Thanks,

-Olgi-

sudhaeci
Switched-on
1 Reply 2767 Views

Hello, I have the same problem. My address was correct for the past few years and I requested for disconnection as I was moving out. And when I received the gas bill the address is completly different. How do I verify that my meter reading is correct and not from some other address? Thanks. 

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2763 Views

Hi @sudhaeci,

Thanks for getting in touch. It is certainly very unusual for your supply address to change on your final bill. You can check the meter number on your final bill and on your previous bills, this should be the same unless the meter was exchanged. I'll send you a private message to grab your account details, in case you want us to check this for you.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

abarr
Switched-on
1 Reply 2526 Views

I have set up a new account  for both Gas and Electricity. Both my AGL online account and app show an incorrect address for my new account. I was told that the meter numbers were all verified and correct but so far the address is still wrong and can't get rectified.  I have rung AGL 4 times about this issue and have been told it will be fixed but then it is not.  Very unsatisfied with the new start to AGL - cannot even get my address right.

Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 2515 Views

Hi @abarr, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. 

I appreciate this has not been a positive experience with correcting your address and am happy to help you out. 

When setting up an account, we work off a national data base that contains meter numbers and property address. If the address has been listed incorrectly on the data base, we will require a copy of a rates notice or tenancy agreement to have this updated with your distributor. 

I'll send you a private message so I can look into this for you and get some of your details. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie 

Cliu
Switched-on
2 Replies 2484 Views

Hi there, 

I noticed the same issue - I've been with AGL for over three years and just found that my supply address changed to someone else's all of sudden in my latest gas bill (issued last Friday). I tried to contact your online service over the weekend and ended up with a loop, kept repeating myself and nothing really fixed. I just tried to call and the lady said she would connect me with the resolution team, but it went to your feedback message bank instead. 

Could someone just help to fix this issue and ensure that we are not being charged for someone else's usage? 

Many thanks

QLiu
Switched-on
0 Replies 2482 Views

My issue still hasn’t been fixed but the bills appear to be correct as they also show the actual meter ID numbers so I could double check. Hope this helps.

abarr
Switched-on
0 Replies 2477 Views

No message received and the issue is still not fixed. Not impressed.

Cliu
Switched-on
0 Replies 2475 Views

Also tried to log in my app, and web log in for my AGL, wrong supply address there - and it is  wrong supply address for both my gas and electricity accounts with AGL.