Can't download latest electricity bill

Dianne2
Conductor
2 Replies 281 Views

I've been trying to download my latest electricity bill for 2 days and I just get hmmm...can't reach this page. It the problem my end or AGL's?

7 REPLIES 7
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 278 Views

Not sure if related to your issue Dianne, but in my app screen up top of window at the moment, there is a message . . .

My Account maintenance 6pm Fri - 11.59pm Mon (AEST).

Due to a planned maintenance, updates to usage, balance and bill data will be delayed during this time.

Dianne2
Conductor
1 Reply 257 Views

Still saying the same thing, hmmmm....can't reach this page

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 251 Views

Hi @Dianne2 Dianne, thank you for reaching out.

Are you trying to download your bill through the AGL website, the App or your email?

Kind regards.
Xander

Dianne2
Conductor
1 Reply 243 Views

I have tried to download my bill on the AGL website and also the link in the email. Both give me the same error message hmmm....can't reach this page

trevora
Switched-on
2 Replies 232 Views

I am having the same problem as Dianne with the 'hmmm answer but then I have a message saying that 'it looks like docs.fxdms.net closed the connection'

I need to download these bills - if not can I get the least 3 bills emailed to me?

Dianne2
Conductor
0 Replies 223 Views

Yes, it is getting frustrating as I've just received a new emailed bill today and still getting the same message. Some help would be good! 

Dianne2
Conductor
0 Replies 213 Views

Hello, I have found a solution to my problem. I got the AGL app on my phone and can access my bills from there and then I emailed it to myself to print.