Solar panels turning off

jbarr5600
Switched-on
2 Replies 984 Views

Hi,

We have a 6.6 kw system with a good we inverter. I am finding that our panels are shutting down or being turned off in the middle of the day right when our hws is reheating. This means we are not getting advantage of solar power to heat our water.

Our power bills this year are approx $120 per month compared to almost nil last year when our panels were active all day.

Thoughts

Cheers

John

4 REPLIES 4
Caban
Super Nova
1 Reply 967 Views

Can you advise how you are detecting that the panels are turning off?

Could it be that when the HWS turns on the solar power is being used there, so there is no exported power until the thermostat switches off?

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 926 Views

Hi @jbarr5600 thank you for reaching out - we are unable to see from our end why your panels may be "switching off" but we can advise you if your feed in is dropping to zero during these times, and review usage and charges for you.

If there is an issue with the panels themselves switching off, I would advise you contact your panel installer if they are still within warranty, or a private electrician if not.

Kind regards,
Xander

Antis10
Switched-on
1 Reply 463 Views

My solar system wend down on 8 Feb.  Zero output.  AGL site says that solar system is OK  on 25 Feb.

How trustworthy is  AGL's  monitoring ??

Caban
Super Nova
0 Replies 458 Views

@Antis10 

The monitoring is there for you to see yourself. Just read your meters and check how much power is being exported.

Remember the Meters are NOT provided by the retailer (AGL in this case) but rather the wholesaler in your area.