SOLAR PANELS AND BILLS!

LyndaB
Switched-on
2 Replies 1479 Views

So far we have seen that the gas prices are increasing.  Plus the cost of electricity. 

Given that so many people have solar on their roof's and are generating electricity that has to go back to the grid I suggest one of two things needs to happen:

* Those with solar get a reduced electricity fee, look at how much has been generated.    Why should someone "make" 5kw or more of electricity, get paid 7c per kwh for it, and then when they need electricity have to pay 40c or more per kwh.    Someone is getting rich out of this and its certainly not the average person!

* Other solution is put a reasonable solar feedback tariff on solar panels, ie 20c kwh at minimum and then people pay for any extra that they use - that seems fair.    And make that a "grand father" clause so it cant be changed. 

* Make batteries more affordable so that the average person can afford to put one on and try to save money.  Thats why most people put solar on in the beginning.  

Lynda

What would happen if all the people with solar panels turned of their solar panels for a few days???  

Or is there someone else we should be asking about this?   

3 REPLIES 3
MikeP
Transformer
1 Reply 1469 Views

All good points Lynda.

I'm sure AGL will have a position response to this, but I'm concerned at the dis-incentives being deployed to slow Renewable energy uptake!

LyndaB
Switched-on
0 Replies 1463 Views

Hopefully they will do something positve regarding this.  

John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1447 Views

@LyndaB  @MikeP 

You both be best having a read of the below two links to see what is going on. Of note the electricity Retailers do not get a say from what I can see so far. 

https://reneweconomy.com.au/negative-pricing-events-hit-record-levels-and-are-worse-in-coal-fired-gr...

https://reneweconomy.com.au/sun-tax-gets-closer-but-not-much-clearer-as-networks-outline-solar-expor...

I do not work for AGL, just trying to help people where I can.

Kind Regards

John

Plan:    Solar Savers

Dist:     Endeavour Energy

State:   NSW