Rebate

jeffreysol
Conductor
2 Replies 459 Views

Apparently AGL has decided that if your account is in credit you are not allowed to have the government rebate part of your credit refunded. We do not get bills so this will sit in AGL's account forever!

7 REPLIES 7
megan_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 457 Views

Hi jeffreysol,

Thank you for reaching out.

In order for us to provide you the information relevant to you we will need some more information.

We will send you a private message now.

Kind regards,

Megan

Roblyn1
Switched-on
1 Reply 449 Views

The Government rebate is credited to your own account, so it won't necessarily sit there forever. If you do a similar thing as I do, & have direct deposits to your AGL account each fortnight, you can go online & cancel those deposits for a period of time. Check how much last year's bill was for the same period, & adjust for price increases. Then you need to determine what date to recommence the regular direct debits again. This can be done at the same time as you cancel the direct debits. 

R BOTTIN
jeffreysol
Conductor
1 Reply 446 Views

Thanks Robyn for taking the time to respond. We have solar and as we live in sunny Queensland we rarely get a bill at all. If we do its only a few dollars so my credit balance will continue to increase. I usually request a credit every 3 months or so and until now no issues. I appreciate that the government rebate was to help people with cost of living pressures but I thought it was to support the consumer not AGL. As a pensioner I find the quarterly rebates a bonus. Thanks again, Jeff

jeffreysol
Conductor
0 Replies 445 Views

Hi Megan, I did not receive a private message so have replied to your email with a detailed explanation. Jeff

Roblyn1
Switched-on
0 Replies 438 Views

Hi Jeff, I see your point. As a pensioner myself,  this is beneficial the way I am able to manage it for myself. Hopefully AGL are able to make satisfactory arrangements for you. 

R BOTTIN
jeffreysol
Conductor
1 Reply 423 Views

Hi Megan, my email was returned by Gmail admin@community.agl.com.au.

Apparently "the recipient server did not accept our requests to connect."

Can't say I blame it so as the email took me some to compose I have sent it to your accounts department.

Kind regards,

Jeff Euston

megan_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 371 Views

Hi jeffreysol,

Apologies, I'll try and send another private message to you.

Kind regards,

Megan