High Grid Voltage

OP
Switched-on
2 Replies 1849 Views

Hi there,

Tesla tech support and my installer have confirmed that the voltage coming in to my house from the grid is too high (>260v)  and this is causing my battery to go in to standby mode and can also be dangerous if not rectified.

Can you please let me know how I report this issue and get it resolved.

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1845 Views

@OP 

AGL are retailers and only collect payments for Electricity that you purchase from them and feed-in.

Your Electrician should have informed you that your Supplier (listed on your bill) is responsible for the voltage on your line.

If the voltage is greater than 260 volts  (255 is normally accepted as the max by the way) I am surprised that devices in your residence have not failed.

Phone your supplier and get this issued now.

At this voltage your INVERTER should also shut down, meaning that you will not be generating any solar feed-in.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1832 Views

Hi @OP, as already suggested we are responsible for billing, and while we do arrange with distributors to arrange for meter upgrading, they are responsible for owning and maintaining that infrastructure. If you haven't already, I would contact a qualified professional to take a look, and contact your distributor to get pointed in the right direction to get this resolved! Regards- Mark

Papa1
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1429 Views

hi

i have just installed solar panel with inverter. Since installation there has been an inverter shutdown daily or twice a day.  Who is responsible to resolve this issue? The installler or the company I signed the contract with?

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1419 Views

@Papa1

Your should approach your installer first.

They will need to establish the cause of the issue being either a faulty inverter or high line voltage.

It may be caused by your supplier, if there is to much solar generation and it is loading one or more of their transformers.

In either case the issue is beyond the control of your retailer.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.