Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

solar feed in tarff prices

Switched-on

hello just wanting to know the prices for solar feed in 

4 REPLIES 4

Semiconductor

Eight cents per kw but its not worth having solar panels unless you get a battery to run your house at night.

Every kw you use from the battery is worth thirty four cents to you.

Powerhouse

@letitia @Zues 

I suggest that you look on the AGL website and see what is available to you.

Click HERE do view AGL plans.

Do not believe what has been stated here I get over twice the figure stated above

Purchasing a battery may be of no value to you, it all depends how much excess power that you place back onto the grid.

I would suggest the other person reviews their current plan as well.

Pricing is dependant on where you live and your personal situation.

Semiconductor

you can only get 16 cents feed in tariff if you have a small system under 10kw

I have 26kw of panels and 26 kw of batteries, i do not get power bills even in the winter time in Adelaide as the batteries run the 8kw AC plus power the house each night and supply eccess power to the grid.

Powerhouse

@Zues 

As I stated in my reply to @letitia .

Don't believe what you read.

The original question was what I answered, how to find the tariffs.

In SA, NOW a single phase home can only get a 5kW licence, a three phase home can only have a 15kw licence.

I get paid 20c per KW and we only use 5kw a day and at the moment (ie JUNE) our 6.6kw system is only producing an average of 13kw a day, we are consuming (average) 4.21kw a day, from the solar we produce, and we are using an average of 5.166 Kw a day.

Our daily cost for electricity (all inclusive of all charges/export) is $0.3407 a day.

We owe nothing on the solar and have $800 credit on our AGL account (which they will pay us for at the EOFY).

Now having said that.

Is there any reason why you would like to confuse @letitia  any more ????