Internet connection issues

kendallsed
Switched-on
1 Reply 641 Views

I have been a customer for a few months after switching from Telstra.

Since I have been using this service with the supplied modem (TP Link vx 230v )i have had nothing but trouble with the internet being unstable. It appears that the modem is supplying incorrect addresses. It appears that any DHPC request receives the first address of the DHPC range as the Gateway which is incorrect. the DPFC sever in the modem is set to 192.168.1.100-120 range. Gateway address is 192.168.1.250 is the modem address. Device receives 192.168.1.100 as the gateway which causes the problem. The only way i have worked around this is to manually set the DHPC on my computer and TV and even then it is not stable.

Has any one come across this problem.

1 REPLY 1
Nicholasmith
Switched-on
0 Replies 532 Views

BallSportsGear@kendallsed wrote:

I have been a customer for a few months after switching from Telstra.

Since I have been using this service with the supplied modem (TP Link vx 230v )i have had nothing but trouble with the internet being unstable. It appears that the modem is supplying incorrect addresses. It appears that any DHPC request receives the first address of the DHPC range as the Gateway which is incorrect. the DPFC sever in the modem is set to 192.168.1.100-120 range. Gateway address is 192.168.1.250 is the modem address. Device receives 192.168.1.100 as the gateway which causes the problem. The only way i have worked around this is to manually set the DHPC on my computer and TV and even then it is not stable.

Has any one come across this problem.

Hello,

It sounds like your modem’s DHCP server is not working properly, and it is assigning wrong gateway addresses to your devices. This can cause your internet connection to be unstable or limited.

You can try to disable and re-enable the DHCP server on your modem. To do this, you need to log in to the configuration panel of your modem by typing 192.168.1.250 in your web browser. Then you need to look for DHCP in the sidebar and open it. There you can disable the DHCP server, save the settings, and restart the modem. After that, you can re-enable the DHCP server, save the settings, and restart the modem again. This may help to reset the DHCP server and assign correct gateway addresses to your devices.

You can try to forget the network and reconnect to the wifi on your devices. To do this, you need to delete the profile of the network on your devices and then scan for the wifi again. This may help to refresh the IP address and gateway address settings on your devices.

You can try to reset the modem to its factory default settings. To do this, you need to press and hold the reset button on the back of the modem for about 10 seconds. This will erase all the settings and configurations on the modem and restore it to its original state. Then you need to set up the modem again according to the instructions provided by your internet service provider. This may help to solve any software issues or glitches on the modem.

Best regards,
Nicholasmith