Configuration Settings for BYOD modems.

shiwasreet
Switched-on
1 Reply 373 Views

I got agl internet connection to my home a week ago. I have a D-Link DSL-226 router connected to the nbn box. The issue with my connection is, i can connect multiple devices to my wifi router, but internet works on only one device at a time. I don't know what I'm missing in the configuration setting of my router or if there's something wrong with the internet connection itself. I checked the router at my friend's house and the router works perfectly fine, no issues with it. 

Every time i try texting with support, first of all they take ages to reply, their average response time is around 10 minutes, it gets me very frustrated when i have to wait for around 10 minutes for every line of text that i send them. Secondly, these support people seem to have no idea about how a internet network connection works, they don't know the difference between VDSL/ADSL/Ethernet/WAN or anything. Everytime, they ask me to either plug the ethernet cable into another port or reset the router or restart the power or buy a new router again. It feels like I'm talking to a robot with a limited set of instructions. The support guys should be able to provide "support", for which they need to know about the subject matter they signed up to give service for. I waste like 3 hours everyday talking to these people, for nothing.

I've tried almost everything with the router configuration, but can't seem to figure out what's the issue. Has anyone faced any similar issue with router configuration? Any help would be highly appreciated. I don't want to spend money on another router again.   

1 REPLY 1
AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 326 Views

Hi @shiwasreet 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your NBN service and getting it connected. 

If you could please give our technical support team a call on 13 12 45. They will be able to talk you through the set-up process. 

Regards, 

AGL Telco.