Belong F@st 4315 Router Problems

NeilBW
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1920 Views

I just changed from Belong to AGL for NBN 50 service. 

Service with Belong was regularly delivering 40-50MBps download speed as tested by Ookla Speed Test and upload arount 10MBps.

When the AGL service started I ran Ookla speedtest as I thought the service was running very slow and found that I was getting about 4-6MBps download and 12MBps upload. (run test multiple times  in mornings and afternoons and have re booted NBN modum and router several times to no avail)  I am on a AGL 50MBps plan.

The information I have read online indicates that the (Sagecom) F@st 4315 Belong branded router is not locked to Belong but the download service I am receiving is about 10% of where I thought it would be.

Do I need to re-configure the router in any way to get the speed back into the 40 Range? or is this an issue with the service supplied via the local Port Melbourne exchange equipment?

AGL tech supports answer was that I should go an buy another router!  

Cheers

Neil

3 REPLIES 3
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1918 Views

Hi @NeilBW , sorry to hear you've been getting slow speeds, and thanks for letting the community here know you've run into issues using that particular device with AGL Internet.

Although AGL support will do their best to provide support on any device you BYO, we can only provide full support to our provided devices. Hopefully another Neighbourhood user can shed some light on their experiences using this Sagecom router and whether they've been able to configure it to reach the appropriate speeds for the plan.

NeilBW
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1904 Views

Can you please send me a recycled / second hand / demo router that I can try to see if the issue regarding download speed will increase with your "approved" router.  The upload speed I am presently getting is faster than I was experirncing with Belong so a router issue looks dubious.  If the router you send me does not result in faster download speeds then we know it's a cable / exchange issue.

Cheers

Neil

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1894 Views

Hi @NeilBW - testing with a different device certainly makes sense as a troubleshooting step, but unfortunately I'm not able to arrange that for you - sorry. If you contact support they would be able to provide you with one of AGL's supplied devices.