BYO Modem Settings - PPPoE username/password settings

FrankS
Conductor
9 Replies 127481 Views

Hi Team,

As a new customer, I am trying to connect the BYO modem to AGL NBN internet service. Can you please let me know how to fill in the Username and Password in my Modem? Thanks

FrankS_0-1658738779845.png

67 REPLIES 67
CLY
Switched-on
1 Reply 3697 Views

that is absolutely correct.

I have been hours talk with AGL and Chat.

They keep telling me the account is accnnnn / accnnnn

if they have mention only digits that will make a lot of easier.

My only concern is AGL submit the cancellation to my TPG provider before

setting up my AGL internet account and ask me to wait 72 hours for completion

TPG just cancel immediately. Leaving me in limbo.

No confirmation from AGL...

Finally, I have to reverse back to TPG.

AGL stuff up the whole thing and 

Staff is not well train, they don't even have diagnostic tools. 

While typing these message. I will submit a cancellation with AGL internet.

Jemu
Switched-on
0 Replies 3674 Views

It appears that being provided the username and password is a common problem that has not been addressed yet. Surely this information should be provided when the service is activated? However, use the ACCxxxxxx for both the username and password.

Furthermore, in my case, I was moving from another RSP to AGL and unbeknown to me, nbn activated the AGL service on a different UNI-D port on the nbn NTD. After engaging via multiple chats and phone calls, one agent mentioned that I should be using UNI-D 2 which got my service working.

sollaliM1
Switched-on
1 Reply 3561 Views

Hi, I switched from Dodo to AGL with a TPLink AC1750 router.  I was not able to connect at first using the ACC$$$$$$ username & Password for the PPPOe connection type.  What I did inorder to get it working is by unticking the "Enable IPTV/VLAN" setting in the Advanced--> Network tabs.

TPLink_ArcherC7_AGL setup.jpg

mica
Switched-on
2 Replies 3473 Views

Thank you for this message getting me out of call up support for a simple job.

Can't really understand why the simple info for VDSL username/password not included in the email.

I can confirm using the ACC## for both user name & password get me connected to the service.

1 thing I had to change was on my Asus DSL modem was turning off 802.1Q to be able to connect.

simcity
Conductor
0 Replies 3465 Views
You’re welcome.

Turn off VLAN also FYI.

Yes this is a hard setup to get working!
AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3454 Views

Hi Mica, 

Happy to hear your service is up and working. We will reflect on this feedback regarding information on the email you receive about connecting your service. Enjoy using your service.

profdraper
Superconductor
1 Reply 3392 Views

Have juse received a brand new TP-Link VX230v modem from AGL. Email & SMS kept telling me that NBN was connected, but the web management software showed 'no internet' despite the web management settings all looking good.

I subsequently found that only after a hard reset of the modem (paper clip in the back reset hole), that then the internet connection was magically activated !!?? Next when I moved to the web managament interface agan & tried to set ANY PPPoE loginor password - including ACCxxxxxx - the internet connection immediately drops.

This has then been followed by another hard reset and so on & where the internet connection is always restored. And every time a PPPoE log/pw is entered, it loses it again. Something surely out of wack with the information we're being provided here & elsewhere.

Turns out that when I examine the 'Internet' tab within the web management tool (and ignore any setup request from the modem) - log/pw has automatically been populated after the hard reset with a matching set of numbers for each field. This has nothing to do with any instructions that have been offered here. And only this hard reset works.

It would seem that this is the ony way to get the modem connected to internet. Any and all pw/log entered into the PPPoE fields & as per the first setup window we see, all result in disconnecting the internet.

So it would seem that this has autmatically been taken care of by firmware or remote management [??] My questions therefore are:

- do we really need to access and setup the web management sw at all?

- and if so, what would be the benefit of that given the above?

AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3390 Views

Hi @profdraper,

Thank you for sharing your experience and result with us. 

The PPPoE is a configuration setting that from experience is the best suited for our service, however there are times that the default settings or dynamic IP settings are better and work better with people internet connection. 

Cheers 

Zac

profdraper
Superconductor
1 Reply 3384 Views

Thanks, I eventually found the answer for manual configuration via the browser interface:

The 'L2 Interface type' MUST be set to EWAN. Thereafter everything works as it should, including the use of the account number ACCxxxxx for both Login & PW.

AGLZAC
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3337 Views

@profdraper Great to hear, I will definitely have feedback raised to help for future with the instructions.