BYO Modem Settings - PPPoE username/password settings

FrankS
Conductor
7 Replies 66650 Views

Hi Team,

As a new customer, I am trying to connect the BYO modem to AGL NBN internet service. Can you please let me know how to fill in the Username and Password in my Modem? Thanks

FrankS_0-1658738779845.png

55 REPLIES 55
DavidK
Conductor
2 Replies 2929 Views

Turn VLAN off- TPG group need it on, AGL don't use it.

I couldn't access the VLAN menu on my old router so ended up buying a new one.

simcity
Conductor
1 Reply 2926 Views

@DavidK 

I have Dlink 3785 which I believe is TPG device. If I can flash firmware to manufacturer release it should be fine, I'm assuming.

Would VLAN have a differential effect with FTTP and (current) FTTN?

simcity
Conductor
1 Reply 2925 Views

@DavidK wrote:

Turn VLAN off- TPG group need it on, AGL don't use it.

I couldn't access the VLAN menu on my old router so ended up buying a new one.

Which one, out of interest? Needs VDSL for FTTN

DavidK
Conductor
0 Replies 2920 Views

I got this (the 2 pack) https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/deco/deco-x60/ I went for one of the older models as the HomeShield doesn't require a paid subscription. Their later version (called a different name) does IIRC.

In our place the single unit does the whole place adequately - but I haven't tested speeds. It's located in one corner of the house too.

DavidK
Conductor
1 Reply 2918 Views

You may find your Dlink has custom TPG firmware and is difficult to flash- but then again it may be easy. Try looking on the whirlpool forums for info on flashing it- if you get stuck.

I'm glad I updated as the Deco is way more capable (built in homeshield, the two connected units for better mesh coverage, wifi 6, excellent parental controls etc.) compared to what I had.

simcity
Conductor
1 Reply 2909 Views

@DavidK 

Is Virtual Circuit the same as VLAN?

If I disable Virtual Circuit it doesn't work. If I leave VLAN=0 it also doesn't work.

I have updated the firmware. 

Any thoughts? Thoroughly annoying.

DavidK
Conductor
0 Replies 2903 Views

Sorry, I'm not sure.

I'm far from an expert, I can only share what I experienced (on my HFC connection) when changing to AGL.

Schoey
Switched-on
0 Replies 2170 Views

The Real MVP,  this was the first bit of info I found regarding User and password needed.

rickyr
Switched-on
0 Replies 1396 Views

Hi AGL / all, i just transferred from optus to AGL for NBN (HFC Connection), i have bought TP link wireless router and i have follow all the steps mentioned here with (including the ppp user name & password using the ACCxxxxxx of my AGL NBN) and i still could not connect to internet. Any help? I'm using TPLink Archer Wireless Dual Band Router AC750 that is connected directly to Unid-1 of the black NBN Box/modem.

Switched-on
0 Replies 565 Views