BYO Modem Settings - PPPoE username/password settings

FrankS
Conductor
10 Replies 131859 Views

Hi Team,

As a new customer, I am trying to connect the BYO modem to AGL NBN internet service. Can you please let me know how to fill in the Username and Password in my Modem? Thanks

FrankS_0-1658738779845.png

69 REPLIES 69
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 5477 Views

@Georgedsouza87 - great to hear! What model modem are you using?

Ll123
Semiconductor
1 Reply 5474 Views

I have the modem connected to dsl. What do you have in the config? Tried to connect over pppoe but using account number (with ACC) won't work

Georgedsouza87
Conductor
0 Replies 5468 Views

I am using AC1200 VDSL/ADSL modem, Brand: BDI

Georgedsouza87
Conductor
0 Replies 5467 Views

Yes username and password should be same account number including ACC.

TN_AGL
Conductor
0 Replies 5460 Views

Hi, I also had a TPLink modem router and I only had to change the device to work as a router only. Then I used the same method described here, using ACCusername twice. I think some devices are not compatible with AGL. This link shows how they configure it for a different provider, check if the method works for you. But make sure to use your AGL details. https://www.letsbemates.com.au/mate/guide-huawei-hg659-modem-nbn-fttn/ 

Ll123
Semiconductor
1 Reply 5456 Views

@DavidK 

I'm having the same problem as you did, same router from TPG. Do you mind showing me what to do with the VLAN?

DavidK
Conductor
0 Replies 5454 Views

@Ll123 wrote:

Hi, ive just switched to agl from tpg. I have the same hg659 modem. Agl doesn't provide support for this byo modem and advised me to buy a tp link modem instead. What did you do to get your modem working?

You need to check if you can get into the VLAN settings menu in your HG659. I had one from TPG (Internode) and the firmware they'd flashed it with had disabled user access to the VLAN setting, so I couldn't use it on AGL. IIRC TPG have the VLAN "on" and it won't work with AGL with it on.

I ended up buying a 2 pack TP Link Deco (X60 model I think?) It's a huge improvement in functionality (and importantly security) over the HG659.

DavidK
Conductor
1 Reply 5453 Views

@Ll123 wrote:

@DavidK 

I'm having the same problem as you did, same router from TPG. Do you mind showing me what to do with the VLAN?

You need to see if you can get into the VLAN settings on the HG659 and change them. Quite likely the menu option won't exist as TPG flash them with custom firmware.

GC_Guy
Switched-on
0 Replies 5200 Views

After hours of mucking around with this and time on the phone to tech support, who said they would reset my internet their end. The answer was to replace the user name and password with ACCnumber in both fields. I then had to turn power off and on again, then it worked

simcity
Conductor
1 Reply 5088 Views

@DavidK 

Change VLAN setting to what?

Is there any reason why this modem would work on FTTP and not on FTTN?

These settings were fine at my previous residence