Terrible AGL services - unable to cancel my mobile phone services

Badservices
Conductor
1 Reply 2153 Views

I have tried to contact customer service for 2 weeks via the online chats, messages and even call the number they asked me to, I was told that I would be transferred to another department and then had no response, even the next day when I tried again, I got no response. I tried calling and sat on hold for over an hour several days in a row when trying. I would get through to the operator after 30 minutes every time, and they always just said that they would transfer me to the right department then I would sit an hour again and get nothing until I hung up. Each time I get to them, they say they can’t help me and transfer me again and put me on hold. I am unable to cancel my mobile services. Absolutely disgusted with the AGL service.

6 REPLIES 6
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
2 Replies 2149 Views

Hi @Badservices ,

Sorry to hear about this frustration with getting in touch. When you are transferred, are you still hearing messages/music while on hold, or are you disconnected?

If you're being disconnected, please send me through your account number via private message (click my name) and I'll have this looked into.

Badservices
Conductor
0 Replies 2145 Views

Hi David,

I will keep hearing the recording messages over and over again for 30 mimutes, then someone picks up the call and I told them I need to cancel my mobile phone service, then they said need to transfer me to other team, then put me on recording messages again for 30 minutes until it became dead silent and disconnected. 

I have just sent you a private message with my account no. please have a look into it for me. 

I am a loyal customer with AGL for gas and energy, not very impressed with the customer services.

Badservices
Conductor
1 Reply 2143 Views

I tried to send you private message but errors keep coming up, unable to sent

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2138 Views

Go to this page https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22490

You should see a button to send a private message, click that and you should be able to send one. Otherwise, let me know what error you are seeing.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2132 Views

Thanks, I've received your private message with your details. Please be aware that I don't have access to your account and I can't cancel your mobile account for you, but I can pass these along to investigate why you may be having trouble getting in touch with us. Hopefully the relevant team will be able to action your request as well.

Badservices
Conductor
0 Replies 2111 Views

This is rediculous, keep getting messages like this, "As a disconnection requires scripting to be agreed to before the disconnection request can be completed, I would advise calling us on 131245 9am to 6pm
Monday to Friday AEST/AEDT.
To process your disconnection in chat we would need an active chat session to complete the scripting required."

and when I call, no one can help me, they kept tranferrin my call and put me on hold. Eventually got cut off or dead silence after an hour.