Porting a mobile phone number

Speedyhorse4
Conductor
1 Reply 4412 Views

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes for SIM card to arrive in the post if you are porting your number as I don’t want to be without phone service thank you

8 REPLIES 8
bhaloniveronika
Conductor
1 Reply 4407 Views

Mine took a few days

Speedyhorse4
Conductor
1 Reply 4405 Views

Thanks for your answer

Tara_AGL
AGL Moderator
3 Replies 4397 Views

Hi Speedy,

Great question! Sims typically take up to 10 business days based on Australia Post turnaround times.

As long as you don't cancel your service with your old provider, there will be no risk of losing your number or being uncontactable, as your old sim, with your old provider, will work up to you request activation with us, and the activation is complete. Think of it as a transfer of service, so no down time!

Hope this helps

Suzanne123
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2049 Views

I have a sim from the place I brought the mobile from I just want to pay for it monthly with AGL not who I brought it from as the mobile number on the agl account I pay for is now not been used as dad is using his new phone with the sim it came from from telstra.

Suzanne123
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2048 Views

Suzanne123
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2047 Views

Speedyhorse4
Conductor
1 Reply 2032 Views

Hi Suzanne, do you mean you brought a mobile with a sim from Telstra ? And you father is using it with the sim it came with? If that’s what you mean , the mobile is locked to Telstra if prepaid.to use the AGL one you need to have one that is unlocked to any mobile provider.  I hope that this is what you mean. Not sure if I understood your question sorry

Suzanne123
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2023 Views
it's not confusing I brought my dad a new phone so he can have mobile broadband I paid for the mobile broadband device outright and brought him a new phone he is not on a prepaid as I told telstra he had a sim with another company but obviously sim would not work on new phone so need to use telstra sim but I need that number on the account and the old one gone my dad is elderly I was on the phone too AGl for 45 minutes to be told to get a form of Agl or be near the phone in question so they could send a code and it would be done confusing absolutely

Get Outlook for Android<>