Outgoing SMS - message send failure

sunraina
Conductor
4 Replies 12648 Views

Hi, I recently moved from Optus to AGL and since the day my service started my outgoing SMS messages started failing. Is anyone else having the same issue ? I’m using an iPhone 13, tried the sim in another phone and had the same issue, however the SMS service on the 2 other mobile plans I got for my family from AGL is working fine. 

I was told that there is maintenance work optus is conducting so ‘some’ services will be affected, but their maintenance window is now over and I’m still experiencing the issue. 

Appreciate any help in this . Thanks! 

22 REPLIES 22
Piano1960
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2766 Views

Same problem unsolved over it can't send sms with agl

Piano1960
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2766 Views

They said they can't really help me with this problem 

Piano1960
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2765 Views

Agl said they more unless can't help me so I might have to go with another provider

Jan171
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2590 Views

I am having the same issues 😕 

I spoke with someone in support yesterday who advised me to call again on Monday..After protesting he said he would escalate me to another dept..1 hour 38 minutes later the call dropped out..

I have called 4 times today at about 4.30pm, to receive an automated msg to call between 8 am and 6pm..Billing put me through to ? Technical support and again I was advised to call on Monday. Once again I protested and was told he would put me through to Technical support and the call was answered by the automated msg..What a complete and utter joke this is..I should have stayed with my previous provider of many year's..

Jan171
Semiconductor
2 Replies 2589 Views

There is no support..I'm very dissapointed to say the least..Read my post..

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2568 Views

Hi @Jan171 , this one does need to be addressed by support over the phone - so I'm sorry to hear you've had so much frustration getting through to us there. Can you please send me a private message (click my name) including your account number and I'll follow up on these problems.

Jan171
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2566 Views

Thank you for your response David,it is appreciated..I was finally able to resolve this issue after a further call to yourselves..Something that I believe should have been turned on at the time of connection last week..

Skm
Switched-on
0 Replies 2467 Views

Mine is just mms. I’ve called 4 times, got transferred to someone who sounded helpful then put me on hold before hanging up on me. I had to call 3 times to sort my sim activation to start with. I’m just going to port to another provider. Had no probs with circles and should’ve stayed with them. Will either return to them or Aldi now.

user19284204
Conductor
0 Replies 2350 Views

hi there,

can't send or receive MMS - also the portal shows setup in progress even though have already ported. calling is too long and chat is same

please help

Blake_collins
Switched-on
1 Reply 1858 Views

I have recently joint AGL mobile plan on Friday I can make calls but I can not text I’ve been on the phone for 2 hours the lady I can barely understand has basically told me she can’t fix it she will call me back in 5 buisness days to discuss the problem. I need to be able to accesss text messaging this is frustrating