smart meters

Mez
Switched-on
2 Replies 15921 Views

I am considering having solar panels installed and a 80 year old house with an old timber switch board. It has been upgraded and had new circuit brakers installed, my question is can a new smart meter be installed on this board.

5 REPLIES 5
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 15910 Views

Hi Mez,

If you've had your switchboard upgraded than this is a great first step!

With a new switchboard, the only question that would need to be addressed is whether or not the meter could physically fit on the board. Is there much surplus space?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Mez
Switched-on
1 Reply 15901 Views

Hi Jayden

The switch board has not been up graded it is still the old timber board, it has new council fuses and circuit brakers fitted, as for room on the board I have 3 fase power there for have 3 meters, I am just hoping the does not need to be replaced.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 15890 Views

Hi Mez,

Apologies for the misunderstanding!

In this case, it's hard to say whether or not the board needs to be replaced. You'll be best served sending a photograph of your meter board directly to our Digital Metering team who'll be more than happy to look closer at this and lend you their expert opinion. They can be contacted at digitalmetering@agl.com.au.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions in the meantime!

Kind regards,

Jayden

Elgordo
Switched-on
1 Reply 15462 Views

I am installing a 55kw solar system. Can I get a smart meter to enable feed back tariffs tone collected by AGL?  At my address in Lithgow.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 15453 Views

Hey Elgordo,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Just to clarify, did you mean to type 55kW or was this a typo? That's a huge system!

Cheers,

Jayden