how is electricty actually disconnected

Pilgrim
Switched-on
1 Reply 1002 Views

Have been with AGL since May 2022. Our previous supplier is still incorrectly saying that they are supplying electricity to us. We have email from AGL stating that our dealings with previous supplier have been finalised and we're "officially" with AGL. We have emails from previous supplier apologising for their mistakes and that all is resolved, but they are now sending letters saying they will disconnect our electricity.

I am assuming that this would be accomplished by some electronic means rather than a person physically coming onto the property, so I'd like to know if they have the ability to actually disconnect the electricity from our property. 

1 REPLY 1
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 982 Views

Hi Pilgrim, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

It is a rare scenario for two energy providers to have the billing rights for the same property address, however, we do have measures in place to investigate this for you. 

As your previous provider is sending you disconnection notices, they might still incorrectly have the billing rights and we would recommend contacting them to ensure they have not raised any disconnections until we raise the investigation. 

I'll send you a private message so we can get some details from you and assist you further. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie