Strata Building - Should the strata meter be a business or residential meter?

Crackersgirl
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1370 Views

Hi Everyone

I've been trying to find an answer to this question. I've asked it a few times. A couple of times with our previous provider Energy Australia and also a couple of times with AGL. I have not received a definitive answer. Our building is currently on a business meter and I've been told by a couple of electricians that it should be residential. It is a Strata electrical account used for common area electricity and lighting mainly.

Does anyone know what it should be?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1359 Views

Hi @Crackersgirl, there is no real hard or fast answer to this. It can be classified as either, usually. It is determined by whatever the electrician who installed the meter classified it as to the Distributor. If you want to get it changed, please reach out to us here so we can take a look at what the options are for you! Thanks- Mark.

Crackersgirl
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1354 Views

Hi Mark

Thanks for your response. I have reached out to AGL regarding this matter at least 3 times and each time walk away frustrated.

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion. I have to explain each time what a Strata is and I have not been able to get a definitive answer. I don't understand as there are 1000's of strata's out there. We believe that the business meter is wrong for our situation but no one at AGL has been able to confirm this for us or give me any kind of answer as to why it should be a business meter.

Regards

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1349 Views

@Crackersgirl 

Well Mark indicated that you can get it changed.

But before you do that maybe you should see what the rates are and go with the cheapest if there is a difference.

Also there will be an authorised person or persons who can operate that account and only they can change the account.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.