Reading E355 meter

RichardP
Superconductor
3 Replies 28611 Views

Just over a week ago a Landis & Gyr E355 smart meter was installed. I asked the installer for a manual for it, he didn't have one and said to contact my supplier. I asked him how to read it, he didn't know and said to contact my supplier! I asked him how the boost worked, he didn't know and said to contact my supplier!! I came to this site looking for a contact email address but there isn't one. So, I lodged a complaint with the complaint function on this site, I complained about the lack of an email address and asked for the manual for the meter. I have heard nothing since.

The reason I want an email address, and didn't phone, is because I want a paper trail for the inevitable problems, something consumer bodies advise doing. I guess my next step is to lodge a complaint with the Energy Ombudsman.

Poor service? I guess you could say that.

50 REPLIES 50
Caban
Super Nova
1 Reply 4589 Views

If you want a Manual for your Smart Meter then why not just download a copy?

Looking at maybe changing over to a Smart Meter and I came across this thread. Being here for just a few minutes and I now have a PDF copy of a User Manual which seems quite comprehensive.

Now I have to read it, but best to cook dinner first.

RichardP
Superconductor
1 Reply 4578 Views

Caban, would you mind posting a link to that manual, please? I'm impressed as I was unable to find any information on the E355 meter (and neither was anyone else).

Caban
Super Nova
1 Reply 4562 Views

L&G 355.jpg

 I did not download directly from a URL - Sorry.

RichardP
Superconductor
1 Reply 4556 Views

Sorry mate, I don't know where you got that from but it's not the E355 that is being installed by Intellihub. I'm still curious, though -  just where you did get it from?

RichardP
Superconductor
1 Reply 4549 Views

A bit more searching shows that meter is an E350-U1300 on the Landis & Gyr website, not an E355. So I'm curious just where you found the document?

John5
Switched-on
1 Reply 4474 Views

Hi Richardp,

Yeah - I can attest to that AGL - like probably all the other energy retailers - are crap in Australia in regards to customer service.

The energy market in Australia seems to have become a wild-west circus ala the Enron spectacle in the US over 20 years ago - and now rampant in northern europe in particular scandinavia....

Anyway I also had a e335 installed recently and have also tried to get user info for it with no luck so far....in addition to have been switched to "demand tariff" instead of my original "flat tariff" - although AGL informed me there would be no change to it - and basically "blames" Energex (distributor South-east QLD) for this.

I've contacted Landis-Gyr re user info for the e335 - here's the response:

"Dear Sir

You will need to contact your retailer or distribution company for this information.

As each meter is programmed to meet your tariff requirement, the program appointed by your retailer or distribution company dictates what is shown on the display

Kind regards"

What an appalling "round-around"......

So you're right - it appears like handing out "end user info" re "SMART electricity meters" is an national security and sovereignty concern in Australia. I for one fail to "see" the logic in this - but electricity retailers/distributors/installers all appear to adhere to this "policy".

One could possibly be forgiven if one accidentally should develop a conspiracy theory that this whole load of rubbish is actually deliberate to keep customers uninformed for maximizing profits across the energy market in Australia. 

RichardP
Superconductor
2 Replies 4402 Views

I just caught up with this thread. John5, the electricity situation in Australia could only be described as shambolic! In a country that has the resources to be self-sufficient and able to provide cheap reliable power we have arguably the most expensive power in the world. The headlong rush (akin to Lemmings) towards "renewable/so-called green energy" has left us in a diabolical mess. And now there is talk of charging people for exporting solar power into the grid!!!!! 

Back on topic, I'm at a complete loss why there is no information available for this meter, to the best of my knowledge prior to the introduction of this meter information was freely available for virtually any meter that was in use. What possible problem could be caused by people knowing how their meter functions???

John5
Switched-on
0 Replies 4352 Views

Hi RichardP,

AGREEED!!!!!!

mikekc
Conductor
0 Replies 4055 Views

Mark as useless as **bleep** on a bull

helenmegan
Switched-on
1 Reply 3756 Views