New meter

Cains1
Switched-on
1 Reply 1322 Views

Hi I am wondering why I am getting a meter upgrade and if there are any costs involved?

Also will this change my rates?

3 REPLIES 3
_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1309 Views

Hi @Cains1, welcome to Neighbourhood!

Sounds like you got an email saying that your meter will be upgraded soon?  Smart meters are more convenient, basically. They communicate remotely, so you don't have to worry about providing access for readings, you can do things like monthly billing without getting estimated bills, and you can see your usage update on your AGL app and see what times of day your usage tends to be, things like that.

No upfront costs are involved because we are arranging it for you. If additional work at the property is needed to make it happen, then we will let you know and that may have a cost involved, but you will be notified of it before any work goes ahead.

As for the rates, as the email says they may change. Distributors across australia are moving towards more cost-reflective tariff types, which depending on what you are on now, may change your rates. We'll notify you of those changes and what the new rates will be if the rate structure changes for your property.

I hope this helps,

Mark.

Cains1
Switched-on
1 Reply 1306 Views
Thanks mark, I was confused because I already have a smart reader i.e. it already does the reporting no meter readers come to my place

Get Outlook for Android<>
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1294 Views

Hi @Cains1,

I'll send you a private message to get your account information from you so I can check why we're changing your meter.

Thanks,

-Olgi-