How do I read new Landis+Gyr 355 smart meter ?

AvH_40
Semiconductor
5 Replies 36219 Views

Hi everyone,

I've just had a Landis+Gyr 355 smart meter installed at home. I've received no information on this meter and cant seem to find it, or any information, on the internet.

Is anyone able to tell me what the different codes correspond to?  I have general use Tariff 11, Economy Tariff 33 and I have a PPA with Energex through to 2026 at $0.44 per kW.  Im stuggling to work out the different codes.

According to the AGL App I have almost ceased exporting power to the grid from the date of installation.

Can someone help fill these codes in for me and/or point me to a customer/user information sheet for this meter?

Thanks AvH_40

1= time

2 = Date

3= ?

4 = ?

15 = ?

16 = ?

21 = T33 (Pretty sure)

22 = isnt being used.

57 REPLIES 57
RichardP
Superconductor
0 Replies 6698 Views

I've just made a similar request on this site, I've also lodged a complaint with AGL but had no response. My next step will be the Energy Ombudsman. As AGL initiated the install, and deal with the customer (me) I consider they are the responsible body and should provide the requested information. Every other piece of electrical equipment I have came with a manual/instruction sheet so why not this? I do not consider it an unreasonable request for the information.

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 6675 Views

Hi @Kat-Kilp, I get your frustration with not being told what the codes are. Even though these meters are self-reading, people still want to get an idea of what's going through them. However, AGL are energy retailers, and we are responsible for billing based on the data we get from the meter. While we do arrange with distributors to upgrade their infrastructure, the meters are owned and maintained by them. I would suggest, if you haven't already, to try contacting your distributor to see if they can answer your questions on the meter. 

Thanks,
Mark.

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 6655 Views

@collex @AvH_40 @RichardP @Kat-Kilp 

Hi all,

I don't have one of these meters but it would take me only a few hours to work it out

Draw up a list from reading the meter as below

01 - Time

02 - Date

03 - ??

04 - ??

15 - ??

16 - ??

21 - ??

22 - ?? (does not seem to be used)

You need to know from your bill what you are being charged for (and that bill will give you your last readings).

Come home from work and write down all the readings. If you don't have solar then you more than likely will only have Peak and Controlled meters.

After dark go back and read the meters (write them down again).

Two hours later go and read the meters (write them down again).

Early in the morning say 6 or 7 go back and read your meter again (write it down).

Now the meter that has used the most (overnight) will more than likely be your peak meter.

The meter that did not change over night will be you solar meter.

The meter that changed between your first read and your last read should be your controlled load.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
electrochrisso
Switched-on
1 Reply 6202 Views

I think code 03 is the total of 15 and 21

KayteLuvs_UMate
Switched-on
3 Replies 6032 Views

OMGoodness, I have just read the above messages and boy, I'm feeling frustrated for all of you.

I am on this site reading this info because I am researching whether to switch to a digital meter; pros & cons.

Seeing all this to-ing and fro-ing I have to believe it comes down to whether I could sustain this company sided B's train. Do you, Neighborhood lovelies, believe the digital meter is worthwhile? 

KayteLuvs_UMate
Switched-on
0 Replies 6031 Views

I have to ask, is there a Maths exam involved as well as figuring out the codes. Because if there is, I'm out!!!

😛🙈

RichardP
Superconductor
0 Replies 6026 Views

From my perspective there is no value in me having a "smart meter", I have gained nothing but headaches from it, my old meter was working just fine. I was going to refuse to change but it's inevitable that at some point all meters will be changed. I believe that it's SAPN who want them installed as it gives them immediate monitoring of power usage at any given time (and, of course, the ability to shut down the solar feed-in, where the inverter is suitably equipped, or to simply shut off your power completely - targeted load shedding, in other words).

Incidentally, the other day I found the paperwork that came with my previous meter, it explained how to operate and read the meter. Then again, it wasn't installed by Intellihub, so you can see where the problem lies.

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 6023 Views

@KayteLuvs_UMate @AvH_40 @electrochrisso 

I have detailed in posts here how to work out what reading is what.

RichardP knows how to read the meter and the values for them.

He is complaining because he cannot down load a manual.

You don't need to read your meter (SMART METER) as the information is available from your Usage data.

NeilC_0-1682397143387.png

AND you can also down load your usage data from your login page.

If you have a smart meter you can change plans and even move to a new Retailer very quickly.

I don't have one of these meters but a friend of mine has one and I have no problems reading her meter and have no issues reading my own meter which I have had for a few years now.

If you don't have a smart meter you will pay the highest rates and generally get the lowest rates for any solar input.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
collex
Semiconductor
0 Replies 6014 Views

Thank you Neil,

All I wanted from my original request was for any of the energy delivery authorities to reply with a simple question - What do the Codes on the new meter represent?

I have deduced some of the Codes myself and I appreciate all replies and responses thus far, but as yet, the authorities who should know the answer my question have not responded.

Kind regards to all,

Colin

RichardP
Superconductor
1 Reply 6013 Views

Neil is correct, it is an ongoing source of annoyance that I cannot find a manual for this meter, and I am not the only one complaining about the lack of information, a google search comes up with many people asking the same questions. Intellihub, contrary to their statement about being "customer focused", have ignored any requests for such information. AGL have made little effort to provide any information, but to be fair that can be said about other retailers too.