Gas bill has two meters

Gh0st
Switched-on
3 Replies 6614 Views

Hi

I just noticed that my gas bill has two meters, one of which has extremely high usage. I went back to my previous bills from the time I moved into this place and that second meter has always been there but with zero usage for many months. Then suddenly the usage has started changing from zero to being used. My most recent gas bill jumped from less than $100 to $480 for a month (I'm on a monthly billing cycle).

How can I have this checked?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4780 Views

Hi @Gh0st, i'll send you a private message so we can take a look at your account and figure out what's happening!  Regards- Mark.

Mike_A
Switched-on
1 Reply 4682 Views

Hi Mark,

I have exactly the same issue with the two gas meter is one of which has extremely high readings. Could you please private message me as well to be able to look at my bill?

Kind regards,

Michael

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4672 Views

Hi @Mike_A, welcome to the neighbourhood. I will take a look at it for you, sure. I'll just send you a private message. Regards- Mark.

Moiph
Switched-on
1 Reply 4590 Views

I also have this issue and can’t make any sense of it. Just moved into an apartment but it’s saying me and my partner have a gas usage higher than the average 5 person home. The first meter only has a tiny number.

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 4584 Views

Hi @Moiph 

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

Two gas meters are usually present in buildings where Bulk Hot Water is used, meaning that one of the meters is used to measure your General Consumption and the other meter measures how many litres of hot water you're using at your apartment. I can certainly check if this is the case on your account.

I'll send you a private message to grab your account details from you.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

tonythan
Switched-on
1 Reply 4528 Views

Hi @-Olgi- , 

I have the exact issue with people in this thread. We also have 2 meters and the other one suddenly had sooo high usage last month period. 

Usually we pay around $50-$70/month for a family of 3. This month the bill comes with around $250 which shocked us.

Can you please help us on why this is happening?

Thanks a lot!

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4523 Views

Hi @tonythan,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll be more than happy to check this for you. I'll send you a private message to grab your account details.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

Vagi
Switched-on
1 Reply 4517 Views

Hi

I just noticed that my gas bill has two meters, one of which has extremely high usage. I could see only one meter in my home right below the cooking range. Not sure of this second meter. My recent gas bill jumped from less than $122 to $267 and now to $417 for a quarter (I'm on a quarterly billing cycle) and future projection shows $700.

can I have this checked?

Thanks

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4494 Views

Hi @Vagi, I can take a look for you. I'll just send you a private message to get started! Thanks- Mark.