Doing my own meter reads

JSW
Conductor
2 Replies 27409 Views

Can I confirm that AGL is no longer going to read a the gas meter and if a CUSTOMER wants an actual reading for their account they have to do this job (your job) and submit it otherwise AGL will simply do am estimate reading when sending an account

15 REPLIES 15
jimmac
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2930 Views

Exactly, they have got cars, we pay for, a $10 fee discounted off my bill would be a fair service

jimmac
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2930 Views

absolute rubbish AGL i just received a notification to read my meter

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2870 Views

Hi @jimmac , have a read through the earlier responses on this discussion - they should shed some light. Some key points to keep in mind:

1. AGL doesn't read your meter. Your local distributor reads it, and sends the reads to AGL.
  2. You don't have to provide a meter read if you don't want to. This means you might sometimes receive estimated bills, but these are later amended to the actual read, so you're always paying for your actual usage.
  3. You have the option to send us a meter read if you never want to receive estimated bills. That's why we send reminder notifications to read your meter.
JSW
Conductor
1 Reply 2867 Views

What happens if an estimated read occurs several times in a row? When would AGL follow this up with the Distributor to find out what the problem is?

Cheers

Jeremy Wood 

SueGooden
Switched-on
0 Replies 2813 Views

I am billed monthly as I like to be, but will I have someone come and read the meter every 3 months as I am a bit to old to be doing that. Thank you  

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2794 Views

@JSW  - if you see estimated meter reads several times in a row, I'd recommend getting in touch with customer service so they can investigate the cause for you.

@SueGooden - don't worry, you never need to do your own meter read if you don't wish to.