Bad service

Angr1
Conductor
3 Replies 862 Views

Im getting the run around from AGL with government rebate and am ready to go to the ombudsman, I moved house arranged to have power put on in new house 26th May and they have stuffed around and are saying connection date 2nd July that's five weeks and am still having trouble with them, they are now trying to tell me the last providers to the home need to get the energy rebate for me and I've got absolutely nothing to do with them, I moved within the same area code and was with AGL in old address I have been physically sick over this, they are at fault and need to fix it, I have all e-mails and texts two of which state connection date the 26th June still in time for rebate, I moved into the home on the 31st May and I can't believe they are now trying to blame the other provider which again have nothing to do with AGL lack of correct procedure

8 REPLIES 8
Angr1
Conductor
0 Replies 861 Views

I'm also on a disability pension so like all government rebate NEEDED well done AGL for not taking people seriously

Angr1
Conductor
1 Reply 855 Views

That's not all folks I also asked for my credit to be transferred to my new account numerous times but have received email after email telling me to call them about what to do with credit I then received a letter saying they were sending it back to Centrelink yet my credit is still not on my new account and also not with centrelink

Angr1
Conductor
0 Replies 852 Views

Sorry forgot to mention the letter sent to my NEW address is dated 24th June yet they have my connection date as 2nd July and I moved in on the 31st MAY

Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 848 Views

You might need to wait for a first full billing period for the rebate to be applied.

You don't say what rebate, the federal $300, or it might be the QLD state $1000 if you live there.

As far as I have gleaned, the rebate goes to the electricity account, not the property, so if you move it transfers with the person the rebate was applied to, and can't be refunded (for example where) the owner does not get a new property / account, say travels for a period etc.

Angr1
Conductor
1 Reply 834 Views

I'm in Qld and have already been told I won't get it and I'm quite within my rights to ask about it and the reason I did ask about it is because they have put connection date as 2nd July and you had to have a valid connection on the 1st of July to receive government rebate I applied for service to be transferred to new address on the 26th May they have even said to me I've done everything right that they are at fault yet have told me just yesterday I won't receive rebate because of connection date so I'm paying for their mistakes

Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 832 Views

Yes, the eligibility is that QLD residential customers must:

• have an electricity account with their electricity retailer or embedded network operator on 1 July 2024

So do you still have an AGL account as of July 1st at your current address ?

If so, you should be able to transfer that over to include any rebates applied to the account.

This rebate thing, I feel it is similar to when solar is getting organised at a residence, they advise don't switch retailers, muck about with accounts etc, until it all settles in.

Maybe these rebates deserve similar caution.

If there is some problem still, hopefully it can be sorted out between you, AGL, Centrelink, and if needed, the energy / water ombudsman QLD (EWOQ).

I know you probably couldn't help the need to move properties, just bad timing.

Angr1
Conductor
1 Reply 828 Views

I was with AGL at previous address and organised power with AGL at new address on 26th May plenty of time for rebate to be applied but they have put connection date as 2nd July on my new account so for some reason I had nothing for those five weeks inbetween however during those five weeks I had power and numerous phone calls to AGL so they know they have made the mistake but they aren't fixing it I keep getting the run around, I get told they will call me back in a couple of days and I wait two weeks or ten working days which is odd because that's the time limit allowed to get back to a customer, the girl I've been dealing with also told me I couldn't go to the ombudsman but I can because I have tried to mediate with AGL about this and it's not getting anywhere. Thank you for your advice, I do feel because I'm on a disability they think I'm silly but they are wrong it's a lot of money to be lost because of their incompetence 

Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 761 Views

Hi Angr1, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a private message shortly to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh