Credit Card Surcharge for Internet being charged twice

knhome
Semiconductor
2 Replies 99 Views

Do you pay your internet bill with credit card? Does the surcharge you pay reflect on your bill? I have been paying the surcharge as expected but when I flagged it with AGL that my processed payments never reflect the total I paid including the surcharge, they said it was a mistake and future invoices would reflect it accurately. To be clear, my bill is for $69, and when I make the payment I get charged $69.12 by AGL). 

The new invoice still shows the past payment as $69, but now it says New Charges owing is $69.12. When I go to pay this with my credit card it just adds the 0.17%% to that amount, so it increases the charge to $69.24. 

AGL are non-responsive on the issue and I've like to know if others have noticed the same problem (please look at your bills if you pay with a credit card and you hadn't thought to check you were being accurately charged). 
Thank you ☺️

4 REPLIES 4
Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 73 Views

Hi @knhome 
I am really sorry to hear you're being double billed for the credit card surcharge.
1 thing I can recommend, you can make payments using Bpay, or you can set up a direct debit using your bank account details and this will stop any credit card fee's.

Alternatively, you can give us a call on 131245 or contact us on our live chat platform and we will be able to look into this further and see if what we can do to resolve the issue for you.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

knhome
Semiconductor
0 Replies 71 Views

Hi, that’s not helpful at all, as I said I choose to pay with a credit card and I accept the allotted fee. I do not accept double charging f a fee and you are not legally allowed to do it. Additionally, as I said in my post, I have spoken about it your fellow AGL staff and they are not assisting or rectifying. A complaint is being filed. This thread is for fellow AGL customers, which is the purpose of this forum, is it not?

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 51 Views

Hi @knhome 
I understand where you're coming from that you accept the processing fee, I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Yes this platform is for AGL Customers.
The reason I ask for you to call us is because we will need your account details, however we cannot get these details from you on this platform.
Alternatively, you can contact us on our live chat platform, and we can look into this for you then.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

knhome
Semiconductor
0 Replies 49 Views
Yes as I already said, I have spoken to your customer service agents and
they don’t see the issue. Telling me to call or live chat doesn’t change
anything. It’s already been done multiple times, they won’t do anything
about it.