Include PDF Bill with Notification e-mail

ozboomer
5 Replies 803 Views

Seeing you're already sending me an e-mail about my bill being due, please just include the PDF of the bill in the e-mail, rather than forcing me to go to the web site... login... browse to the relevant page... click on a link... wait...  then display the document...  and then I have to manually download the document again... 'tis such a waste of time when it can easily be included in the e-mail.  Pffft.

5 Comments
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager

Hi @ozboomer - although a file attachment is no longer used, you can access your PDF directly from the email with no need to log in. Just click "Download your bill (PDF)" on the notification email.

ozboomer
Switched-on

Ok... That's helpful and seems to work Ok.  Thanks a lot.

Lester
Powerhouse

As an extra thought on this, I expect the reason for not simply having a PDF attached is then one needs to click on a link to access a bill . . . this is recorded by software via the link that then tells the company concerned that the bill has indeed been accessed (and seen) by a customer, so later one can't say 'we didn't get the bill'.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager

@Lester - I believe security is probably a factor as well. Email attachments are a common vector for malware or viruses, and in the past scammers have posed as AGL to target our customers.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered