Electicity

JLHuang93
Conductor
1 Reply 1250 Views

I already installed solar panel in the house. Why this quarter bill is so much higher than the last bill.

2 REPLIES 2
Lester
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1230 Views

If you track your usage and solar production, you will probably find it is . . . just winter.

A friend of mine got solar about same time as us, Nov / Dec last year, and he was just away for nearly 3 months overseas, returning to find his 6kw system is not even keeping up with his very low usage in his home with 2 people.

You may be using more power for certain things in the home in winter, but solar production is pretty much about 10% as beneficial in winter as it is in peak summer.

I intend to change a few things to improve production / reduce power use in the home, and then reconsider if mid to longer term I will get a battery to carry us through.

JLHuang93
Conductor
0 Replies 1223 Views

Hi LESTER, Thanks for your reply. I did check the usage and solar produced and found that a lot of different. I understand now it is winter. The solar panel produced energy less than the last quarter. I am thinking for install battery as well. Thank you very much.