AGL are scamming previous clients! The only phone number is hacked!

anniegethen
Conductor
1 Reply 248 Views

I had a gas account with AGL nearly 10 years ago and on Monday recieved a text that i had a credit on my account for a refund of $500.00. The phone number i contacted about this was 131 245 and they went through all the verification details but asked me for bank details for the refund which i declined as i said wouldnt you already have those details on file? So they advised they will issue refund via cheque in the post and allow 10 business days. Wednesday i had $500 in my account and it was taken out straight away i called agl today and my bank st george and they confirmed it is a bpay debited by AGL, but AGL seem to think there is no such thing and they have not debited any money and were extremely rude over phone (Marie!). What do i do?!?!!?!

1 REPLY 1
Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 230 Views

Hi anniegethen, Thanks for sharing your feedback. It's concerning to hear that money was debited from your bank account without your knowledge. We place great importance on matters like this and I was to ensure that it receives thorough investigation. I will send you a private message shortly to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh