Random change in payment frequency

Mick2
Switched-on
1 Reply 3874 Views

Hi there. I was paying my bill monthly then all of a sudden it just stopped and has changed to 3 monthly payment. NO changes to back details or anything! Worked perfectly before then suddenly changed at beginning of this year 2023. I take it that there has been a glitch in the AGL system. I have re-entered my bank details and direct debit info to hopefully fix it. I cant find anywhere that allows me to check that its going to paid monthly. Any ideas??

4 REPLIES 4
John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 3869 Views

Log back into your account and go to account settings then billing frequency and edit it to what you want, it is below the direct debit settings.

https://myaccount.agl.com.au/accountsettings/billingandpayments

Regards

John

Mick2
Switched-on
2 Replies 3821 Views

Have already changed billing to monthly again. I have also noticed that the entire 3 months worth of bills have been estimated. I have a smart meter and it was reading perfectly fine before this and is still working. My son also has found that his bill has been estimated also. and he has a new smart meter. Definitely think that there has been a glitch in AGL's system. 

John-T
Powerhouse
0 Replies 3814 Views

@Mick2 

Mick2 that is a possibility as I have seen a "little" unusual activity on my account as well.

Wednesday 15th feb my usage and feed in are completely missing/blank with the page stating "missing" for that day. I have had a couple of days of estimated reads but they have since resolved to solid reads.

My smart meter is of 2019 vintage and is compliant in every way, so I put it down to the Distributor for some reason not getting an actual read on that date.

I do live in a new estate with houses still going up everywhere near by so could have also been an electrical issue caused by power being connected to several houses in the area on that day. But admittedly the past 2 weeks have been odd none the less.

Regards

John

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3794 Views

Hi @Mick2, since you have a smart meter, I will just take a look at the metering data for you to make sure nothing is going on. I'll just send a private message to get started! Regards- Mark.