Metre reading miss match

Rusty_Nuts
Switched-on
3 Replies 25221 Views

As I have a high quality digital inverter I have the ability to view all output and feed in and production values of my solar system.

However these figures don't match the smart metre and my bills are way too excessive.

How can I get my metre inspected for correct installation and calibration

20 REPLIES 20
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 205 Views

Joseph,

Sorry I have been doing other things and have not responded straight away.

Now there are a variety of Inverters and systems that people purchase (based on the selling power of the sales person).

The meter reading that AGL charges you for is what goes through the SMART METER.

Now your Solis inverter knows two things how much is coming in in DC Voltage and Amps (the calculation being volts * amps = kW) so say string one has a voltage of  360.8 volts and 1.9 amps and string 2 has 373.2 volts 2 amps

NeilC_0-1691630633571.png

Then my solar panels (at the time I took this screenshot)

NeilC_2-1691631474687.png

Were generating about 1.432 kW

NeilC_1-1691630860369.png

But the output shows 1.406, indicating that my inverter is running at about 99% efficiency at this time.

So I am putting out from the inverter 1.4kw.

Your inverter may then transfer some (or all of this)  to your battery bank.

Your inverter, for the day, may say USED 5kWh and EXPORTED 10 kWh this indicated your SOLAR PANELS generated 15kW for the day.

Now my inverted for the 8th shows

NeilC_3-1691632129084.png

I generated 24.2 kWh for the day and my SMART METER tells me that I exported 20.342 kWh for the 8th August.

Therefore I consumed  3.858 kWh of my generation, this would be heating my hot-water, refrigeration, tv's, computers and so on used while my panels were generating solar during the day.

Now I hope this explains what I think you are asking, I hope you also understand that prices have increased over the last few months.

I am still slightly confused by your use of the word IMPORT, in general terms, is what your Smart Meter reads as power being consumed from the grid and reports this to your Retailer, the word EXPORT is the power that your SMART METER reports as excess generation going through it to your Retailer.

Thus your SMART METER ONLY REPORTS IMPORTS and EXPORTS to your Retailer, how the power in the house is consumed or generated in not taken into consideration by the meter.

NeilC_4-1691634272585.png

This is the state of my Solar System now and according to the hidden menu of my smart meter I am only EXPORTING 800w at the moment but we are going to have a hot lunch and heating the hotwater.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.