Having trouble reading Hot Water Meter

Soph_
Semiconductor
2 Replies 10284 Views

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me where the decimal should be between these black and red numbers? I have taken a photo of my unit's hot water gas meter, which reads 11426393 (see below).  Per AGL website I would read 1142.6393 but the bill said 114263.93 then it gets multiplied by 10 again?!? 

Total usage for 34 days per the bill I received is 2,080 MJ. I live in a one bedroom apartment (high rise building) with another flatmate and there is no way we could use that much hot water in 34 days. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Hot Water Metre.jpg

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 10275 Views

Hi Soph,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here!

You're definitely interpreting this information correctly and I can understand where your concern is coming from. Our billing team will need to take a closer look at this, so please get in touch with us via web chat here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Soph_
Semiconductor
0 Replies 10272 Views

Thanks Jayden. I'm gonna hold off on payment until the issue is resolved.  

Soph_
Semiconductor
0 Replies 10250 Views

Hi Jayden

@jayden_AGL wrote:

Hi Soph,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here!

You're definitely interpreting this information correctly and I can understand where your concern is coming from. Our billing team will need to take a closer look at this, so please get in touch with us via web chat here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

I gave AGL a call and they disagreed with how I read the meter. They said it the meter has been read six digits and they have to keep it as is. 

My next question is "Is the units on my bill being measured in which measurement (i.e. litres or kilolitres)?"

Capture.PNG

Much appreciated.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 10246 Views

Hi Soph_,

Great question!

Your hot water meter records usage in decilitres. This figure is then multiplied by 10 to convert this to litres.

Cheers,

Jayden