Direct debit processing

Neville_H
Switched-on
1 Reply 449 Views

Hi there,

I have set up direct debiting to pay my AGL Electricity and Gas accounts.

The most recent account (last week) was flagged by my credit card provider as suspicous as it orginated from Singapore. The payment was therefore prevented from completion by the provider. As I had no idea that  payments would be processed through Singapore, I also thought that the payment was suspicious, and organised with my credit card provider to cancel my credit card.

I now see that the amount in question matched the AGL account due for payment. I could have allowed the payment to be completed had I known this. 

My payments are organised through PayPal. My question is, does AGL run its billing through Singapore, and if so has this changed only recently as I have had no previous issues with direct debit payments? If this is the case, then some warning would have been useful as I now have to go through all my direct debit accounts to change my details.

Regards,

Neville.

1 REPLY 1
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 416 Views

Hi Nevile, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I can appreciate your concern regarding your recent payment. We are unsure why the payment would have reflected that it originated from up Singapore, as our billing process does not run through Singapore and there have been no recent changes to our billing system.  The payment may have been flagged incorrectly; however, we do apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you still have any concerns in regards to the payment, we recommend contacting your financial institute or PayPal directly to ensure your payment details are linked correctly. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie