AGL discount offer scam

Soli
Switched-on
1 Reply 452 Views

I got a call from the AGL team and they offered me a discounted rate for my Electricity and Gas. They said I had been with them for 5 years and last year I switched to another provider as I was offered better rates there. However, she convinced me she will beat my current provider rates and give better rate for solar feed in too. It was too good to be true, as I cant see any details of such plan on the website, I requested her to send me an email with all the rates she quoted me on the phone. Guess what? She misused all my details to sign up for Electricity and Gas without my consent. Next morning I called and cancelled the transfer as I wanted to see the rates she is offering in writing. The agent on the phone said sorry we can't send you in writing as its a special discount for you. SUCH A SCAM!! AGL i was expecting better from you. I'm glad I switched my provider as AGL is using such tricks to lure the customers back. This is very disappointing. Stay away from giving your personal information, just a warning as I was tricked by their agent and they will forcefully sign you up without your consent.

2 REPLIES 2
Adspies
Switched-on
1 Reply 445 Views

Who did you switch to are the charges better cheaper than AGL

Soli
Switched-on
0 Replies 437 Views

Globird. Way cheaper and honest people to deal with